Windows Systems Administrator
1600 Commerce St Boulder, CO 80301
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Windows Administrator to join its team in Broomfield, CO or Boulder, CO.
Our global client leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems and takes on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
- are seeking a Windows Systems Administrator with Microsoft Windows experience and strong troubleshooting skills. In this role, the Systems Administrator will work on a team supporting program initiatives in secure, isolated computing environments. The administrator will be expected to team with peers, internal customers, and management to strengthen the consistency and standardization of IT infrastructure and services achieve operational excellence and program success. While this position is an individual contributor role, collaboration and strong technical knowledge and skills will be essential attributes.
What You' ll Do
- Coordinate and track infrastructure projects.
- Interface with internal customers, program security, and management teams in planning for, maintaining, and resolving issues with services and systems.
- Install, maintain, and support multiple Windows-based servers on physical and virtual platforms in support of program initiatives.
- Execute troubleshooting skills to address stability objectives both reactively and proactively.
- Maintain a secure computing environment, including adherence to backup schedules, patching, virus updates, and regular security scanning and remediation.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Potentially work in single-threaded program environments
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You' ll Need
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’ s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph required.
- Certifications meeting DoD 8570 compliance required.
- Expertise in planning, configuring, maintaining, patching and monitoring in a Microsoft Windows server environment running Windows Server versions 2008/2008R2/2012.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Windows High Performance Computing (HPC) clusters is desired.
- Expertise in:
- Intel-based server class and desktop hardware.
- Microsoft Active Directory 2012/2016, including domain administration, creating, testing, and implementing group policies, and maintaining user and computer objects.
- Troubleshooting DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP and related connectivity issues.
- Experience with Windows7 and 10 x64 Enterprise OS imaging, installation, and support.
- Experience with engineering applications such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, HFSS, National Instruments, I-DEAS, IBM Rational DOORS.
- Experience with SAN, NAS, and direct attached storage.
- Must have strong documentation skills, organization skills, and the ability to interact with team members cross-functionally.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and project management/project coordination skills.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience with Linux Operating systems is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2016 is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint 2013 is a plus.
- Experience with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager is a plus.
- Experience with Vmware products both Infrastructure and VDI is a plus.
- Experience with PowerShell is a plus.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities