Windows System Administrator
SAFB Colorado Springs, CO 80917 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Windows System Administrator to join our team at our client’s site in Colorado Springs, CO.
Description of Duties:
The Windows System Administrator supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract. The candidate will:
- Build, configure, deploy, administer, maintain and troubleshoot virtual and physical servers/systems.
- Utilize and follow developer-provided documentation to build and configure server/system hardware and software to baseline specifications.
- Research technologies and leverage optimization techniques to ensure systems operate efficiently.
- Perform necessary physical inspections and research using system/event logs, appropriate tools/software, etc… to identify problems, trends and aid in troubleshooting actions.
- Provide timely updates to appropriate team leads, managers and stakeholders on status of tasks.
- Collaborate and communicate with internal and external team members and customers as needed.
- Identify developer-documentation errors and provide to appropriate channels/personnel for correction.
- Use the REMEDY ticketing system to report, track and document problems and resolution life-cycle actions on faulty systems
- Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 8 years of general experience; Associate's degree and 6 years of general experience; Bachelor's degree and 4 years of general experience; Master's degree and 2 years of general experience
- Must have 4 years experience installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Windows operating systems and applications such as Windows Server 2012 - 2016 and Windows 10.
- Must have knowledge of Active Directory Users and Computers, Sites and Services, DNS, Group Policy, TCP/IP networking and LDAP.
- Must have a strong understanding of troubleshooting approaches and root cause analysis.
- Must be able to interface with software engineers, systems engineers, developers, and subject matter experts
- Must be able to resolve routine sustainment and break /fix issues.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization with internal and external customers, in written and oral format
- Must have a current DoD-approved 8570 Level II certification such as Security+ CE.
- Must have, or obtain, an active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Have experience with Multi-Factor Authentication methodology
- Have experience building, configuring and deploying servers/systems using VSphere 6.0+
- Have experience with patch and software management using HCL BigFix
- Have experience with Windows Powershell
- Have experience with HP hardware
- Have experience with NetApp NAS storage
- Have the ability, knowledge, and experience in Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
Security Clearance Required: Secret
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities