Validation Technician -- High Voltage Power Electronics
1059 E. Bedmar Street Carson, CA 90746 US
- Set up and run development and validation tests (thermal, vibration, humidity, corrosion, electrical performance) on High Voltage Power Electronic
- Document test results and provide test reports.
- Support technical root cause and resolution of issues found during test
- Select and install instrumentation needed to collect response data from the test item during testing (accelerometers, strain gauges, pressure gauges, thermocouples, voltage sense leads, etc.)
- Utilize standard test equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, multimeters and flowmeters with no direction.
- Fabricate special test equipment supporting development and validation testing.
- Support design and fabrication of simple mechanical fixtures, jigs, and harnesses.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Technical degree in electronics or mechanics preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with environmental validation testing
- 2+ years of experience fabricating special electronic test equipment and test harnesses.
- Experience working with high voltage and an understanding of high voltage safety practices.
- Experience using common machine shop equipment preferred.
- Soldering skill preferred.
- Understand how to read electrical schematics and use manufacturers’ product data sheets.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Willing to work flexible hours and passionate about getting jobs done.
- Ability to support testing at outside testing facilities.
- Hands-on approach: Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed.
Security Clearance Required: N/A
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.