1620 Pendleton Street Columbia, SC 29208 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a VMware Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Columbia, SC.
Minimum Candidate Requirements
- 6 years of experience building, operating and troubleshooting scalable, highly available, mission-critical virtual infrastructures.
Requirements - The Engineer candidate must be a subject matter expert in VMWare and will be responsible for the following:
- Implementation, engineering, fielding and tier 1-2 support of the enterprise VMware server environment and underlying datacenter technologies. An engineer should have strong hands-on experience working within an enterprise IT and datacenter environment utilizing VMware technologies, in particular vSphere, ESXi 6.x & 7.x, Horizon View 7.x and 8.x, with in-depth experience working in a high-paced VDI environment. This is a multi-enterprise, complex, geographically dispersed solution, ranging from single servers to multi-tier, multi-platform solutions connected through fiber channel to EMC Storage Arrays.
- Troubleshooting simple and complex infrastructure issues and working with internal and external customers to effectively and expeditiously resolve issues to minimize impacts to “live” online training events.
- Reviewing, planning and participating in executing regularly scheduled maintenance on the VMware infrastructure.
- Adhering to change control procedures to plan/test/implement Infrastructure changes in coordination with business owners and training mission requirements following the company’s ITIL processes as well as security policies.
- Maintaining smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, initiating and maintaining system documentation and standard operating procedures, tuning system performance, installing system-wide software, and working with the lead engineer to optimally configure the environment. Interacting with users and evaluating vendor products. Making recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinating installation, and providing backup recovery. Developing and monitoring policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Assists in providing the status of onsite security postures, such as IAVA, STIG, and other relevant system security patching compliance.
- Ability and knowledge to perform primary administration and monitoring of remote access systems, maintaining systems, troubleshooting issues, correcting problems, installing system security patches, patch management, hardware and software upgrades, data storage, data retrieval, backup job creation, backup job modification, backup job verification, data replication, system optimizations, updating documentation, and providing research assistance for problem resolution involving configuration issues or other conflicts.
- Knowledge and ability to provide primary support for remote access systems, RSA hard/soft tokens, VPN, AAA (Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting) servers, iPhones, iPads, Laptops, BYOD Android/Apple devices and user access to maintain groups, assuring proper security, and managing user accounts.
- Active Secret Clearance
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities