User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
PLeasanton, CA 94588
Blackstone Technology Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to join our team at our client s site in Pleasanton, CA.
The consulting resource shall support the NextGen Systems Project Team with the running of Detailed Testing Scenarios (DTS) for User Acceptance Testing (UAT). The UAT DTS are for a new, internally-built client policy system and/or a new client billing system. The consultant will provide professional services to understand end-to-end system processes, professional reports, support training, read and understand business requirement documents/change requests, and execute and correct DTS based upon subject matter expert feedback.
The tasks for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create, run, and record the results of Detailed Testing Scenarios (DTS) for an underwriting policy system and/or a billing system.
- Document of Detailed Testing Scenario results shall be in the appropriate format and communicate results and defects in a clear, concise manner to support defect replication and regression efforts.
- Submits DTS for review by a subject matter expert and revises DTS based upon feedback
- Participate in training sessions with subject matter experts to quickly become familiar with clients systems, requirements, and procedures.
- Gather data related to UAT DTS and generate reports
- Ensures that all project documentation is produced in the standard format. Internal documentation is subject to review and approval from a subject matter expert prior to delivery to client.
- Attends and contributes to project meetings
- Participates in problem and issue resolution
- Promotes high quality, scalable, and timely completion of project timelines
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- 2+ years working in the Insurance- experience working in the Workers Compensation line of insurance is preferred. Experience may include underwriting, auditing, and servicing of Workers Compensation policies or the User Acceptance Testing/Quality Assurance Testing of Workers Compensation systems.
- 2+ years writing, executing, or managing User Acceptance Testing projects. Experience on internally developed systems is preferred.
- 5+ years experience in MS Word, Excel(Advanced), Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project and Quality Center
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Comfortable working in a Waterfall and Agile development environments
- Working knowledge of Windows
The Consultant resource(s) shall possess most of the following skills:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze information and identify and formulate solutions to problems.
- Provide more in-depth analysis with a high-level view of goals and end deliverables.
- Complete work within a reasonable time frame under the supervision of a manager or team lead.
- Extensive knowledge of and proven experience with data processing systems, and methods of developing, testing and moving solutions to implementation.
- Strong knowledge in User Acceptance Testing practices and ability to document processes and procedures as needed.
- Work collaboratively with other support team members and independently on assigned tasks and deliverables with minimum supervision
- Communicate effectively with users at all levels, from data entry technicians up to senior management, verbally and in writing.
- Self-motivated, working closely and actively communicating with team members to accomplish time critical tasks and deliverables
- Ask questions and share information gained with other support team members, recording and documenting this knowledge
- Elicit and gather user requirements and/or problem description information, and record this information accurately
- Listen carefully and act upon user requirements
- Convey and explain complex problems and solutions in an understandable language to both technical and non-technical persons
- Present technical solutions to management and decision makers
- Follow the lead of others on assigned projects as well as take the lead when deemed appropriate
- Think creatively and critically, analyzing complex problems, weighing multiple solutions, and carefully selecting solutions appropriate to the business needs, project scope, and available resources
- Take responsibility for the integrity of the solution
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities