San Jose, CA
- Defines and drives both qualitative and quantitative user data gathering efforts.
- Partners with Business Systems Analysts and the UX and Design team in managing research requests, collecting briefs and prioritizing business questions.
- Incorporates Design Thinking process in coming up with the design solution
- Facilitates workshops to gain insights on business objectives and end users pain points/expectations
- Designs and conducts user research using methods such as: ethnographic field studies, participatory design sessions, site visits, focus groups, benchmark studies, usability studies, heuristic evaluations, and similar approaches.
- Synthesizes findings to inform a better understanding of customers, give insight into business value, and identify potential usability issues and design opportunities.
- Identifies potential usability issues and design opportunities.
- Converts research findings into actionable results.
- Designs prototypes, screen mockups, and wireframes based on the results of usability testing and customer feedback.
- Communicates analysis, recommendations, and potential design solutions verbally and through documentation to the project team and key stakeholders including business owners, senior executives, product managers, visual designers, and other UX and Design team members
- Works collaboratively with interaction designers and other user experience professionals to define and improve the user experience.
- Required experience:
- Minimum 3 years of UX design experience
- Proficient in sketch, Adobe Suite (Specifically – Photoshop, After Effects, xD) and/any number of other Design Authoring tools.
- Strong HTML5 skills desired
- High proficiency in one or more of the following UX prototyping tools
- InVision Studio
- Strong background in design thinking