Technical Solutions Architect
Denver, CO 80202
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Technical Solutions Architect, strong in Java, to work directly for our client in either Denver, CO or New York City.
The Solution Architect is responsible for evolving the software architecture for our client’ s software by assessing market and technology trends and anticipating architectural opportunities and the impact on our software solutions. Special emphasis is placed on expertise in areas involving cross system boundaries providing guidance and design rules enabling the integration of products into solutions. This includes definition of infrastructure, technology roadmaps, interface policy, integration frameworks and shared components. You will drive an implementation from all different aspects; interact closely with the customer, provide the architectural guidance to the implementation lead, advise the project managers in pitfalls and risks, and work with the product manager in release enhancements to aid the implementation projects.
- Lead modeling and blueprint of primary system interaction including:
- Technology, Platform, Development, System Interaction and Software/Hardware Interaction
- Process lead to develop, manage, enhance and govern the system design standards for our software enabling progression from current to future state
- Work with customer IT and development teams to analyze and diagnose performance and functional issues in the customer’ s environment
- Assess market and technology trends and anticipating architectural opportunities and the impact on our software solutions
- Write product requirement documents, implement and track development timelines, and negotiate feature sets with the development leads and project teams
- Drive the implementation process from all different aspects; interact closely with the customer, provide the architectural guidance to the implementation lead, advise the project managers in pitfalls and risks, and work with the product manager in release enhancements to aid the implementation projects
- Help with the definition, validation and approval of technical and business requirements to ensure both feasibility and completeness of solutions
- Understand and provide solutions to complicated cross system boundaries and providing guidance and design rules enabling the integration of products into solutions
- Collaborate with product owners across product lines to identify needs and system use cases critical to defining solution architecture
- Help with the evaluation and selection of complete technology stacks at both the project and organizational levels
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Confident and comfortable thinking strategically and working hands-on.
- Demonstrates professional communication skills by listening, writing, and speaking effectively.
- Builds and maintains positive interpersonal relationships with clients and team members across all levels of an organization.
- Effective collaboration, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills. Pro-active ability to identify, assess, improve/refine and solve complex challenges, processes and/or situations.
- Flexible and able to thrive in a fast paced, high growth, team based environment while successfully handling competing and ever changing priorities and responsibilities.
- Motivated self-starter who regularly contributes new ideas supporting process and/or product innovation, and demonstrates a passion for continuous learning and improvement.
- Solid track record of taking responsibility and holding one’ s self accountable for high quality task and project deliverables within established deadlines.
- Experience integrating a claims adjudication engine with other insurance software
- Data Migration Tools Knowledge
- Data Modeling, Integration and Design
- Entity Relationship Diagrams
- Tangible experience with agile software development methodologies
- Familiarity with multiple specific agile and iterative software development methodologies such as Scaled Agile Framework, Feature-driven Development, Rational Unified Process, and Extreme Programmin
- Expertise with Object Oriented and Functional software architectures
- Expertise with Relational and NoSQL Database Technologies
- Development for and deployment to on premise enterprise and cloud infrastructure
- UML 2.x
People Leadership/Development Duties
• No direct supervisory duties
• As directed, provide job related mentorship and training to peers.
• As requested, provide peer review feedback.
Education, Certification and/or Formal Training
• BS in Computer Science or related discipline
• Integrating a claims adjudication engine with other insurance software
• Minimum 5 years experience in Solutions Architect role.
• Minimum 10 years in the Software Development industry.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers/keyboards/mice, printers, phones, mobile devices, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, etc. The noise level in the office work environment varies from moderate to loud. When traveling to client sites, the employee may be exposed to various unknown work environments.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities