Technical Program Manager - Devices
60 South Market Street, 9th floor San Jose, CA 95113
We are the next-generation virtual personal assistant, we provide a truly open platform that lets any developer extend our knowledge and capabilities.
As a Technical Program Manager you will help lead the engineering and launch of the next paradigm in software development. We’ re looking for someone who is not only passionate about driving engineering projects efficiently, but cares deeply about the product they deliver. You enjoy working on multiple projects on a fast pace team. You handle changing priorities and tight deadlines with grace. You are versatile and willing to work on areas outside of traditional project management. You value building great relationships with your colleagues, and you love what you do!
- Be able to understand what is needed to launch different kinds of devices
- Build relationships with teams with the ability to influence change
- Work closely with product management, engineering management to plan, schedule, and manage cross-functional work effectively
- Efficiently track development schedules and keep up a high velocity. Identify possible issues and clearly communicate them to stakeholders
- Contribute to the development and implementation of internal product development processes
- Partner with global teams and provide clear effective inter/intra-team communications
- Experience launching consumer-based software on devices at scale
- BS in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience leading cross-functional software teams as project manager
- Detail and action-oriented
- Experience managing projects within the agile/scrum or similar methodology
- Familiarity with bug tracking and reporting capabilities of systems like Jira, YouTrack, or similar
- Love to get into the details and understand the technology you are working on at a deeper level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Understands how to deliver a message at all levels of an organization
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to build trusting relationships with engineers, designers and executives
- Engineering background
- Experience working with engineering teams in multiple time zones also a plus
Join us and enjoy our benefits starting with a complete health and insurance package for employees and their families; 401k matching -- we match $1 for every pre-tax or Roth dollar for the first 5% that you save; 20 days PTO and 11 holidays combined with flexible working arrangement policies designed to maintain a great work-life balance, including “ work from home” Thursdays; Take advantage of our brand new spacious office with 360 views of the valley; Lunchtime soccer and basketball for those interested, an on-site gym, and a stocked kitchen to keep you physically and mentally fit; Monthly stipend for phone or internet service; Downtown location with free parking or subsidized transportation (GoPass, AmTrack, etc).