Technical Architect IV
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Technical Architect IV to join our team and work at our client site in Crestview, FL.
Our client is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company. They operate more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia and provide broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250, 000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300, 000-route-mile international transport network. Our client is headquartered in Monroe, Louisiana.
This position will require an individual that has very high initiative and is self-drive to develop, lead and implement technical solutions in the cloud. The ideal candidate will have the right blend of Cloud and DevOps Architecture and solutioning experience as they will be designing and suggesting solutions in the cloud (AWS) to help end customers gain efficiency, speed and manage costs. In addition, the candidate needs to have hands on experience in AWS, implementing designed solutions and establishing tools to achieve results. The ideal individual will not only have a strong background in Cloud/Virtual environments and CI/CD tools but will also have a strong background in application development, infrastructure, troubleshooting, databases and monitoring techniques and tools.
• At least 3 years of experience in Architecture and Administration of cloud platforms, specifically AWS.
• Experience and knowledge of various cloud and virtualized environments and ability to design cloud solutions leveraging various technologies.
• Ability to analyze and recommend cost savings initiatives and governance models in a cloud environment.
• Previous experience accessing and planning application migrations from on premise environments into cloud environments.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in developing DevOps solutions and strategies, particularly in a cloud environment from solution to hands on implementation.
• Strong hands on experience in Terraform, Jenkins, GIT as well as other CI/CD type tools such as Chef, Ansible.
• Experience with application development and troubleshooting databases and applications.
• Experience profiling installation opportunities that can be targeted for automated solutions.
• Linux Administration experience.
• Experience solutioning and leveraging containers in a cloud environment (experience with Docker and Kubernetes preferred).
• Although the ideal candidate may be performing certain cloud architecture functions, the ideal candidate needs to be very hands on and not just conceptual in experience.
• Excellent communication, planning and coordination skills needed.
• A bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, or information systems or equivalent preferred.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities