San Jose, CA 99999
We are the next generation personal assistant company named one of the top 15 interesting startups to watch in 2016, and after our acquisition we are now poised to bring our vision of a new kind of user interaction to the world at global scale. The next generation of AI will provide a truly open platform that lets any developer extend knowledge and capabilities.
As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining developer documentation for our platform. You will work closely with engineering and product teams while designing, writing and editing reference guides and sample code documentation. We are pioneering a new way of writing software, and it will be your job to help present this new paradigm to developers through documentation.
- You are excited about our vision and want to collaborate with our team to build an amazing product.
- 5+ years experience writing developer documentation, focusing on API/SDK reference and sample code documentation.
- Experience creating self-contained applications for sample code documentation.
- Experience working with various subject matter experts (engineering, product management, QA) to maintain and update documentation.
- Comfortable with treating documentation as code using version control and peer review.
- Eager to conduct user testing to ensure documentation is effective.
- Comfortable working in a small writing team with evolving processes and iterative improvement.
- Must provide a writing sample or portfolio showcasing strong technical writing skills.
- Bonus: Experience producing screenshots, flowcharts, and other graphics.
- Bonus: Experience with Markdown and static site generators and Github.
In addition to the competitive salary package as a Viv employee you will start enjoying attractive benefits starting on your very first day!
Join us and enjoy our benefits starting with a complete health and insurance package for employees and their families; 401k matching -- we match $1 for every pre-tax or Roth dollar for the first 5% that you save; 20 days PTO and 11 holidays combined with flexible working arrangement policies designed to maintain a great work-life balance, including “ work from home” Thursdays; Take advantage of our brand new spacious office with 360 views of the valley; Lunchtime soccer and basketball for those interested, an on-site gym, and a stocked kitchen to keep you physically and mentally fit; Monthly stipend for phone or internet service; Downtown location with free parking or subsidized transportation (GoPass, AmTrack, etc).