Systems/Virtualization Engineer AS0003RI
Schriever Air Force Base Colorado Springs, CO 80912
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking a Systems/Virtualization Engineer to join our team and work at our client site in Colorado Springs, CO.
Systems/Virtualization Engineer specializing in the management and operations of a Cloud/Virtualized environment running Windows/Linux operating systems in support of the Missile Defense Agency on the IRES program at Schriever AFB, CO. Primary duties include running through a daily battle-rhythm of checks on the virtualized environment, viewing and responding to events reflected in the various management tools, server patch management, participating in forward thinking activities and task automation. This engineer’ s responsibilities will also include daily reviews of systems to ensure normal maintenance functions are performing properly as well as execution of daily/weekly system health checks and system audit log reviews. The Systems Engineer will be required to coordinate efforts with other work centers and personnel to resolve Remedy Incidents related to systems and supporting infrastructure. Other duties as assigned. Position is for shift work with primary hours being either swing or mid shift in order to provide 24x7x365 coverage.
- High School diploma (or GED) and 12 years general experience or an Associate’ s degree and 10 years general experience or a Bachelor’ s degree and 8 years experience
- Requires 8 years directly relevant experience
- Requires strong relevant experience in a large virtualized environment to include virtual networking and storage management
- Candidate should have strong relevant systems engineering and security experience
- Must have a strong analytical background with accompanying troubleshooting skills as well as strong communication skills
- Per DoD 8570 Candidates must have completed Security+ certification and be enrolled in Continuing Education (CE) or equivalent
- Must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP5 or VCP6) certification or Cloud Design certification a plus
- Previous experience with VMware vCloud Automation Center (VCAC)
- Previous work experience in an enterprise level virtualized environment with 500 or more virtual machines and/or 100 hypervisors
- Previous experience with Remedy ticketing systems
- Previous experience working in a DoD environment
- Experience as a Windows/Linux System Administrator supporting a large Enterprise with knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Windows 2008/2012/2016, Linux/UNIX Operating Systems, EMC Storage, Symantec Netbackup and SCCM Patch Management solutions
- HP server products to include HP c-Class Blade Systems, Virtual Connect and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) are a plus
- Administration experience in a VMware, Microsoft or on an EMC Cloud infrastructure
- Scripting experience w/ Microsoft Powershell and vSphere PowerCLI
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities