Systems/Virtualization Engineer - AER0000NP
Redstone Arsenal Military Base Huntsville, AL 35805
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking a Systems/Virtualization Engineer to join our team and work at our client site in Huntsville, AL.
Systems/Virtualization Engineer specializing in the management and operations of a Cloud/Virtualized environment running Windows/Linux operating systems in support of our client. Primary duties include running through a daily battle-rhythm of checks on the virtualized environment, viewing and responding to events reflected in the various management tools, server patch management, participating in forward thinking activities and task automation. This engineer’ s responsibilities will also include daily reviews of systems to ensure normal maintenance functions are performing properly as well as execution of daily/weekly system health checks and system audit log reviews. The Systems Engineer will be required to coordinate efforts with other work centers and personnel to resolve Remedy Incidents related to systems and supporting infrastructure. Other duties as assigned. Position is for shift work with primary hours being either swing or mid shift in order to provide 24x7x365 coverage.
- High School Diploma (or GED) and 4 years of general experience must include 2 years experience in an engineering field
- Must have a current Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Must have DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II Certification such as CompTIA Security+ CE Certification
- Must have the ability to work Swing or Mid Shift
- Must have relevant experience in a large virtualized environment Network background with emphasis on security Experience working with storage
- Strong analytical background with accompanying troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collectively within a team, apply critical thinking techniques, and effectively communicate with customers and other team members, both orally and in writing
- Ability to quickly adapt to new situations and a willingness to learn new technologies
- VMware Certified Professional Data Center or Cloud
- Experience with VMware vRealize Automation
- Previous work experience in an enterprise level virtualized environment with 500 or more virtual machines and/or 100 or more hosts
- Experience working with EMC Storage Experience with Remedy ticketing systems
- Experience as a Windows/Linux System Administrator supporting a large Enterprise with knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Windows 2003/2008/2012 or 2012 R2, Linux/UNIX Operating Systems, Symantec Netbackup and SCCM Patch Management solutions
- HP server products to include HP c-Class Blade Systems, Virtual Connect and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) are a plus
- Scripting experience w/ Microsoft PowerShell and vSphere PowerCLI ITIL v3 Foundations certification
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities