Systems Engineer II
Louisville, CO 80027
Systems Engineer II
Blackstone Technology Group, an award-winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking an experienced Subcontract Administrator to join its client' s team in Louisville, CO.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for supporting the electrical system design for our vehicle. Tasks include specification, development, procurement, integration and testing of avionics hardware. This role requires the ability to focus on details such as interface requirements, hardware definition, and channelization of electrical sensors and subsystem hardware.
Highlight Your Background In Any Of The Following
An ideal candidate would have experience with high performance aircraft, launch vehicle or spacecraft avionics.
· GN&C hardware systems (on orbit, RPO or EDL/atmospheric flight)
· Avionics design (such as C&DH systems)
· Flight instrumentation
You will report to the Avionics, Software and Comm (AS&C) Hardware design lead. AS&C is responsible for the spacecraft with respect to avionics and communications subsystems. The avionics consists of both Command & Data Handling (C&DH) hardware and Guidance, Navigation & Control (GN&C) sensors/effectors for both orbit and atmospheric flight. The communications system includes the both RF subsystem and the onboard network. AS&C also owns the flight instrumentation system for the vehicle.
As a member of AS&C you will be challenged with all facets of the electrical systems. Our detailed system engineering tasks include authoring of component specifications, performance analysis, and hardware integration and testing.
Experience may take the form of new development, modifications, integration, verification or testing of sensors, system integration in a custom/COTS environment, performance analysis, or reliability analysis (such as hazard reports, safety analysis, FMEA, etc….).
Please indicate your exposure to HW/SW interaction, verification or validation efforts during this process.
The ability to interpret high level vehicle requirements and derive component level specifications and verification tasks is required. Design and integration experience with complex electro-mechanical systems could qualify. Previous experience with technical subcontract management is a bonus.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Experience with hardware or instrumentation required.
- C&DH or GNC experience is a plus.
- Experience with data acquisition and recording systems is a plus.
- Familiarity with ITAR requirements and experience interfacing with foreign vendors is beneficial.
- Experience performing hardware/software integration and testing is a bonus.
- Direct hands-on systems development experience is desirable – board or FPGA is a plus
- Working knowledge of serial data bus architectures (MIL-STD-1553B, RS-422, RS-485, Ethernet or SpaceWire) will get you noticed
- Experience working with DOORS or other verification tool is a bonus
- Support refinement of avionics architecture and specifications -- decomposing requirements, developing component specifications and developing hazard controls
- Support subsystem checkout during the engineering phase by authoring test plans and procedures for verifying operation of subsystem and components
- Support the vehicle build and test as a subsystem expert
- Support technical meetings and reviews
- Author test plans and procedures for verifying operation of subsystem and components during Integration and Test.
- Coordinate engineering schedules and milestones.
- Define, develop, and evaluate operational requirements.
- Perform requirements analysis and trade studies.
- Identify technical problems and recommend solutions.
- Perform risk analyses and assessments.
- Support anomaly resolutions; review of operational procedures and analyze data.
- Perform verification/validation task during vehicle testing
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all company Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
Education, Experience And Skills Required
- Requires a BS in Related Field.
- 3+ years of related experience
- Excellent communication skills required
- Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
- Previous experience and skills in project definition, simulation, implementation, lab integration and test
- Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment with emphasizes in rapid prototyping and fielding of capabilities
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities