7700 Arlington Boulevard aurora, CO
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a System Architect to join our team and work at our client site in Aurora, CO.
Job Description: We are looking for a talented Systems Architect to join our client in Aurora. As a System Architect, you will be responsible for supporting our team and programs in their journey to adopt DevOps and Agile methodologies as a new way of working.
The System Architect (SA) is involved across the entire life cycle of the development process. The SA is responsible for specifying top-level logical and physical enterprise and system architectures, and supporting the definition of lower level (environment, test, and software) architectures. The SA must be able to adjust to constant business change, including new requirements, evolving goals and strategies, and emerging technologies.
The SA must provide knowledge of standards-based architectures, possess architecture certifications, demonstrated leadership and communication skills, experience providing architecture leadership on key initiatives / pursuits / programs, and have system lifecycle experience.
The System Architect provides leadership and mentoring to the DevOps team and Dojo personnel on all SA related items. The SA works closely with Programs, Customers and Dojo members to understand the requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business /program strategies, and architectural standards.
- Analyze user requirements, CONOPS and high-level technical requirements and constraints to derive, develop and decompose system-level specifications.
- Develop and deliver training on architectural best practices
- Moving from monoliths to (micro) services
- Architecture and design patterns for DevOps
- Re-architecting for test automation
- Cloud migration
- Lead the specification of resilient and secure cloud-based development, integration and operations architectures
- Support the definition of system and derived requirements to ensure the developed system is compatible with the defined architecture, and meets customer needs.
- Perform technical cost benefit analysis in support of architecture tradeoff decision making
- Support the definition of the system security architecture, including specification of the logical and physical controls necessary to meet the overall system requirements and architecture.
- Ensure that the system architecture can support DevOps principles, including extensibility, loose coupling, and service-based applications.
- Engagement and interaction with Customers and Program leadership.
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens who is able to obtain a TS/SCI access
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance (US Citizenship required).
- Hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure environments, preferably AWS
- Experience with containerization technology, preferably Docker
- Experience with DevOps and Agile development methodologies
- Release automation (Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeBuild), system administration, system configuration, and system debugging experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Very strong organizational and teaming skills
- 8 years of related work experience
- One or more architecture certifications (e.g., TOGAF, Open Group, SEI).
- MS Degree in CS or equivalent with 12+ years defining and delivering enterprise level architectural standards and solutions for systems and networks.
- Hands-on experience of providing technical direction for development, engineering, interfacing, integration and testing of components of system.
- Strong knowledge of one or more system architecture tools such as Rational System Architect, Magic Draw/Magic Grid, etc.
- Demonstrated Cloud experience preferably in Azure or AWS
- Currently hold at least one (1) industry-standard information security management certification from a vendor or product neutral certification entity (e.g. ISC2, ISACA, GIAC)
- Familiarity with SharePoint Solarwinds or similar monitoring tools backup tools like TSM/NetBackup or cloud based backup preferred.
8+ Years of experience with a BS/BA in Engineering, Computer Science, Information systems, cybersecurity, or a related field
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities