Systems Administrator - ENG03 - Cleared On-Site
1717 East CityLine Drive Richardson, TX 75082
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking a Systems Administrator to join our team and work at our client site in Richardson, TX.
Job Description: We are looking for a talented Systems Administrator to join our client supporting the DoD
- The System Administrator is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company' s existing or new computer (and/or server), peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs
- Establishes functional and technical specifications, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem
- BS Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar technical related field, OR equivalent combination of education and experience (BS degree = 8 years relevant experience)
- 4+ years of experience directly related to Linux System Administration, including installation and maintenance of software and hardware
- Experience administering Linux based OS systems with minimal support, to include Linux sub-systems, patching, networking, user management, san management, and security.
- Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common services such as DNS, LDAP, TCP/IP, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong hardware/software troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations
- Must have CompTIA Security + certification
- Hands on experience with IaaS hardware and SaaS software, including blades, disk systems, Citrix, Vmware, and x86 systems; demonstrated proficiency with Enterprise level DNS, TCP/IP, X windows, identity management, troubleshooting, and system hardening.
- Strong analytic and research skills - must be detail oriented
- Understanding syntax, format and interaction between Operating Systems (Linux, Microsoft Server and workstations)
- SAN Experience: experience designing and implementing storage for optimal performance. Experience should include setting up the storage to dynamically allocate/de-allocate disk from systems. Must have a thorough understanding of multipathing and RAID technologies. Understand disk communication over fiber channel and ten Gb Ethernet
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with efficiency
- Requires the ability to effectively interact with external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations and vendors
- Communication and diplomatic skills a must; significant interaction with various segments of the program.
BS Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar technical related field, OR equivalent combination of education and experience (BS degree = 8 years relevant experience).
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities