720 Irwin Ave Schriever AFB, CO 80912 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a System Administrator to join our team at our client’s site in Schriever AFB, CO.
The C2BMC National Team provides technical solutions to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) Program. C2BMC is the integrating element for the Ballistic Missile Defense System and links various sensors and weapon systems. The system provides capabilities to integrate and synchronize missile defense systems and operations, providing a layered defense against multiple ranges of threats in all phases of flight.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
Experience with any of the following Information Technology disciplines;
- Operating systems; Windows, Linux and/or Unix;
- Hardware and software systems, software development, application development, data management, cybersecurity and network administration.
- Experience supporting systems in a DoD-classified environment
BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Candidate must be a self-starter with good communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills and an ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Candidate should have experience with increasing responsibility as a Windows system administrator supporting at least 250 users.
- Experience with daily operations, security management, corporate compliance, and file/share/print services administration.
- Standard knowledge with Microsoft Server, Active Directory, GPOs, VMware etc.
- Experience supporting Windows-based workstations, desktops and notebook computers.
- Technical documentation skills.
- Secret Clearance required
- Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification.
This position provides hands-on experience supporting the information technology team providing critical Windows Administration support for the software development and ancillary laboratory environments for the C2BMC program.
- Support the IT team in the maintenance of hardware, software, and other IT resources
- Assist with IT troubleshooting issues and provide technical support as needed
- Assist with IT resource, cybersecurity, and data management activities
This position is responsible for supporting the overall day-to-day operations and management of the MS Windows-based enterprise environment which includes:
- Active Directory
- Database servers
- Application servers
- Web servers
- DHCP and DNS
- NAS and SAN
- Backup systems
In addition, this position is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Security updates and patches are current
- Creating, managing, maintaining and deleting group policies
- Adding, maintaining and deleting user accounts and security groups
- Configuring desktops and servers to meet security requirements
- Creating and maintaining Windows sys admin processes and procedures
- Backing up and restoring data
- Monitoring server capacity such as: disk, CPU, memory
- Managing and maintaining servers, including performance tuning
- Installing, managing and maintaining server-based applications
- Managing and maintaining enterprise storage
- Assist with security audits
- Assist with user desktop support
- Assist with desktop moves, adds, and changes
- Assist with hardware asset management
- Assist with creating and maintaining helpdesk processes and procedures
- Assist with maintaining network printers
- Other duties as assigned by the IT manager
- Completion of 8570 IAT II certification I.E. Security+
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong ability to work efficiently within a team environment
- Understanding of the Agile processes
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities