System Administrator 4
Colorado Springs, Co 80901 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a System Administrator 4 to join our team at our client’s site in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Coordinate all aspects of Windows and/or UNIX/Linux systems in operations, engineering, analysis, and test environments.
- Develop and maintain SBSS/Red LAN hardware and software resources within mission objectives for routine and non-routine operations. Perform data collection on equipment, including GFE.
- Install, configure, and fix applications and software.
- Perform system and user account maintenance.
- Implement, test, and assess cyber security configuration of Windows and Linux servers in a Risk Management Framework environment.
- Install, analyze, test, and implement cyber security patches and hardening.
- Monitor, evaluate, and optimize system performance.
- Support telephone and physical recall for system anomalies as the need arises.
- Perform system backup and restore tasks.
- Resolve operating system issues.
- Provide system administration support and assistance for development systems.
- Build, cyber-harden, and configure systems.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance activities.
- Document maintenance actions.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options. This position requires an active/current Top-Secret U.S. Security Clearance, with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartment Information (TS/SCI) security clearance and program access (post-start). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 10 years of experience in System Administration or Network Administration
- 10 years of experience with UNIX/Linux
- 5 years of experience with centralized services including Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Domain Name Services (DNS), and System/File recording for system failure recovery (resiliency) (back-ups).
- 3 years of experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process for identifying, implementing, assessing, and managing cybersecurity capabilities.
- One or more current DoD 8570 IAT, Level II Certification: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH, CCSP.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5 years of experience with scripting with Power Shell, Bash or Python
- 5 years of experience with configuration management in Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Linux Certification: Red Hat Certified Engineer, Red hat System Administrator, or Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC)
Security Clearance Required: Top Secret
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities