Subcontract Specialist - On-Site
16000 East Centretech Parkway Aurora, CO 80011
Seeking a Subcontract Specialist/Manger to work with the Subcontract Management team within Supply Chain. This position will manage basic transactions for the procurement of primarily services with subcontractors in support of prime contracts primarily for the US Government.
Responsibilities will include performing the following for assigned subcontracts and assisting others in the department in the performance of these tasks: Ensure the protection of proprietary information during discussions with subcontractors and prospective subcontractors by initiating, where required, Proprietary Information Agreements Perform prospective subcontractor due diligence, including FCPA and other required compliance matters Support assigned proposal efforts Work with internal stakeholders to ensure the development of Statements of Work, prime contract flow-throughs, award fee plans, schedules, pricing instructions and other matters appropriate to subcontractor solicitation requirements Perform risk assessment, identify potential risks and impacts, and develop basic mitigation plans Develop and issue solicitation documents to prospective sources and manage to ensure complete, timely and compliant responses Develop pre-negotiation strategies. Lead supplier negotiation for low complexity subcontracts; may support negotiations for complex high value subcontracts Issue and sign transactions within authorized limits Perform documentation write-ups in accordance with Company policies and Supply Chain work instructions Maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Manage the financial and administrative tasks of assigned Subcontracts to ensure subcontractors are meeting their contractual obligations, including but not limited to ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements and public laws Verify funding availability, handle invoice approval and processing; identify and resolve billing issues Develop solutions in resolving basic supplier contractual issues Maintain all files and records as required by Policy
• 2+ years applicable experience preferably in Supply Chain and/or Contracts
• Ability to multi-task and perform in a dynamic, fast paced, changing environment
• Ability to initiate and manage firm, fixed price cost type transactions
• Proven ability to build and maintain solid relationships based on mutual respect with internal and external customers, peers and team members
• Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with internal customers and suppliers; must be able to follow and give oral and written directions
• Interact with all individuals in a respectful, helpful, and ethical manner; proven ability to collaborate across the organization and operate effectively within a matrix environment by resolving conflict and influencing others
• Strong time management skills with adherence to due dates
• Good organizational and problem solving skills
• Ability to effectively manage job responsibilities with minimal supervision
• Ability to quickly assimilate new information, processes and tools
• Competency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Candidate must be able to obtain government security clearance.
• Advanced Skills in Microsoft Excel (for example the use of Pivot Tables, Conditional Formatting, Macros, etc.)
• Proven track record that includes collaborating with Program Management and Engineering/Technical individuals regarding management of Statements of Work and subcontractor work outputs (including cost and schedule)
• Possess knowledge of and experience in the areas of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), DoD Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplements (DFARS), and related laws and regulations affecting Government subcontracting, such as the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and applicable export/import laws and regulations.
• Able to perform price analyses and coach stakeholders in performing compliant source selection justifications
• Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Previous Experience/Expertise with PRISM/SAP for Purchase Order execution.
• Knowledge of Supply Chain processes
• Technical/engineering background, especially related to information technology
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Contract Administration, Economics, Finance or related discipline. Alternatively, an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. (Bachelor Degree = 8 years of additional applicable experience).