Sr. Tableau Developer
McLean, VA 22102
Position: Tableau Developer
General Position Summary:
Using Tableau Desktop as a front-end BI tool and working with an cloud-based back-end Jira Align repository, this individual will design and develop dashboards, filters, and moderate to complex visualizations of agile metrics to help track the success of client's Agile scrum teams. Experience with, and knowledge of, dashboard development is an essential component of success in this role.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Creating action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Developed Tableau visualizations and dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
- Developed Tableau workbooks from multiple data sources using Data Blending.
- Hands-on development assisting users in creating and modifying reports and data visualization dashboards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Skills and Experience:
- This position requires strong communication and the ability to interact and collaborate with other IT teams
- 5+ years of hands on experience as a Tableau Developer. Tableau Certification is a plus.
- Ability to derive technical specifications from business requirements and express complex technical concepts in terms that are understandable to multi-disciplinary teams, in verbal as well as in written form
- Experienced Technical troubleshooter who can quickly get to the root cause of issues and provide input towards permanent solutions
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
- Bachelor s Degree or higher
- Duties are primarily performed independently with minimal supervision
- Collaboration with business owners and fellow IT departmental resources required
- Mentorship of junior Tableau developers may be called upon, as directed by client management
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities