Sr. Software Engineer - Database
5051 Westheimer Road, Suite 1925 Houston, TX 77056 US
Trellis Energy, a subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, is hiring a permanent Sr. Software Engineer – Database. In this role you will work directly with data architects, business analysts, project managers and other developers to build a suite of out-of-the box and comprehensive business modules. Your in-depth experience with problem solving capabilities, solution design and PL SQL development will be crucial to developing complex business solutions. Your efforts will support both in-house product development as well as customer implementation projects. Great growth opportunity to help build an enterprise level software serving the energy market. As a member of a tight knit and high-performing team, you will be integral to our product, client, and team successes.
Location: Houston. Hybrid model 2-3 days/week in the Galleria.
Trellis Energy Background:
Trellis Energy (trellisenergy.com) is an innovative San Francisco-based technology company offering the first SaaS B2B marketplace, to transform the commercial operations across the natural gas value chain.
- Learn the Trellis software and gain understanding across all subject areas
- Collaborate with industry experts, SME’s, product stakeholders to understand business process and requirements.
- Formulate high-performing technical design/solution to solve for complex business problems.
- Be a hands on developer - convert technical design/solutions into code using PL/SQL.
- Develop, enhance, customize, support, and maintain code as per design and coding standards.
- Create data to support, and maintain unit test cases, scenarios, and data.
- Present innovative ideas for product improvements based on business understanding.
- 7+ years experience in Oracle PL/SQL development ideal; mid to senior level candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Relational database experience a must: Oracle v12 minimum; Oracle v19 preferred.
- Strong coding experience in Oracle PL/SQL.
- Ability to come up with technical design based on business requirements
- Working experience in data mapping and data loader activity
- Ability to perform SQL tuning of queries, optimize reports and data retrieval response times
- Strong in debugging and looking at existing code for modifications
- Design, develop, and maintain tools and scripts to help unit testing, development and QA
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or other related Engineering fields
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to think creatively and work independently on complex tasks
- Must have strong work ethics, career goals, and accomplishments
- Open source reporting experience required; JasperReports preferred.
- Knowledge with Unix shell scripting
- Recent development experience. Experience with Java development
- Database Schema Design and Data Modeling skills
- Oracle DBA skills and System Admin skills
- Knowledge and experience in Natural Gas industry
- Recent development experience with a software product company.
Blackstone offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package; the company pays 100% of Employee’s health insurance premiums.