Sr. Software Engineer AS0003RE
Schriever Air Force Base Colorado Springs, CO 80912
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team and work at our client site in Colorado Springs, CO.
Software Application Engineer to support the Applications Administration team supporting the Missile Defense Integration and Operations Center (MDIOC) at our client’ s site. Position is for shift work with primary hours being on night shifts and weekends in order to provide 24x7x365 coverage. Work with a team of software and application engineers to support Operations and Maintenance (O&M) on Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) products and in-house developed applications. O&M tasks include daily system checks, system and application restarts, and responding to customer requests.
- A high School Diploma (or GED) and 12 years general experience or an Associate’ s degree and 10 years general experience or a Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or computer-related discipline plus 8 years of general experience
- Requires 6 year related experience in application support, maintenance, development, and engineering practices
- Must have an understanding of Windows Server 2012/2016 operating systems, SQL Server 2008/2014, Active Directory and Internet Information Services (IIS). Familiarity with PKI authentication
- Willingness to learn new technologies and support the application deployment infrastructure
- Strong communication skills and capable of handling oversight responsibilities on multiple projects with minimum guidance
- Compliance with change management processes
- Candidate must have completed and be enrolled in Continuing Education (CE) with a Security+ certification
- Candidate must possess a DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience with client/server and web based application architectures, Tomcat, Microsoft Visual Studio 2013/2015
- Qualified candidate will support applications leveraging various technological platforms including Java, Microsoft .NET, PowerShell, and Oracle RDBMS. Knowledge of local applications like Planet IRM, Remedy and network monitoring tools is a plus
- Experience identifying and resolving security issues using the HP Fortify 360 product
- Familiar with the MDA and BMDS programs
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities