Sr. Manager of Quality & Reliability
4385 Hopyard Rd #100 Pleasanton, CA 94588
The Quality & Reliability Manager manages all aspects related to the quality management system & environmental management system, product quality and business process excellence development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consulting with the Management team and the employees at Pleasanton location in all quality & environmental management affairs (et al. the attention of relevant requirements of standards regarding local processes and products.) Ensures all processes, which are an essential part of the management system are developed, implemented, realized and sustained.
- Achieve and maintain relevant system, product, and safety certification(s) for XRM consistent with the Microscopy and Corporate requirements, i.e: ISO 9001, ISO 14001, CE Mark, CSA, RoHS, REACH, WEEE, etc.
- Periodically review applicable laws, regulations, and standards to ensure continued compliance.
- Control of documents and records of local processes (participation to approval, release management thru ECO process, communication of approved documents, administration of process information center.)
- Coordination of the continuous improvement process (CIP) at the XRM location.
- Report on the performance of the management system to the General Manager of the Pleasanton location and to the Management of the Industrial Quality & Research (IQR) Board by performing periodic Management Review.
- Duty and right for escalation to the General Manager and to the Management of the Research Microscopy Solutions (RMS) Board in case of deviations on the products and processes.
- Be the lead as the audit program representative and coordination of external audits (certification body/ customer/ Corporate). Responsible for coordination and management for internal and supplier audits.
- Works with project engineering to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified products. Collaborates in the development of acceptance tests and inspection criteria and procedures with project and systems engineering. Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. The problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues.
- Coordinate supplier management process with the purchasing department to ensure qualified suppliers are selected, approved, and monitored.
- Guides efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls and safety/security systems.
- Provides input to a risk management plan that will anticipate reliability-related and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operations.
- Provides technical support to production, maintenance management and technical personnel.
- Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign and make/buy decisions.
- Analyze existing business processes together with business process owners to evaluate current capabilities and identify inefficiencies and improvement opportunities. Support the development of detailed methods and procedures and job aids for new processes
- Understand business processes in detail, be willing & able to advise and train cross functional teams. Leading cross functional team meetings with focus on the process improvement.
- Create business process flows and activity diagrams utilizing value stream mapping tools
- Define process metrics and performance goals together with business process owners. Measure the performance of new processes and systems through metrics collection and analysis
- Establishing training of processes and sub processes throughout the organization.
- Support the development project plans to track the deliverables of process improvement teams across functions and initiatives
- Shepherds the methodology, assist process users, and ensures continued use and improvement of the process.
- To fulfill this responsibility, the Quality and Reliability Manager applies Data Analysis techniques that can include:
- Statistical Process Control
- Reliability modeling and prediction
- Fault tree analysis
- Six Sigma Lean & PDCA Tools & Methodology
- Root cause failure analysis (RDFA/FMEA/5WHY/FISHBONE, ETC)
- Failure reporting, analysis and corrective action systems (FRACAS)
Experience and Education Requirements:
Bachelor or Master’ s degree in Engineering/Quality/Mathematics
5 + yrs. experience in industry
Experience with Quality Management systems
Experience with quality control methodologies and tools (JMP)
Lean & Six Sigma knowledge
Experience with audits
Evidence for structure and reliable work habits
Excellent communication skills.
A leader who develops leaders