Sr. Java Software Engineer
Colorado Springs, CO 80901 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Sr. Java Software Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Colorado Springs, CO.
Our clients team is responsible for building products that help customers get visibility into business service availability and performance in a fast changing and complex digital environment consisting of SaaS, cloud applications, virtualization, and IoT devices. They care deeply about looking after our customers, and delivering a great user experience, as well as building a best in class product and engineering culture.
We are looking for an experienced senior software engineer to lead feature development and help drive continuous improvement of the team’s engineering practices. In this role you will lead design, development and delivery of significant customer features as part of a high performance agile team that is responsible for customer facing products and service offerings in a fast growing new software business. You will enjoy a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts, and apply your deep understanding of agile principles to help your team make the right tradeoffs, break down business objectives into discrete deliverables and iterate towards a goal.
- Lead, design, implement and deliver significant features in collaboration with product management and other development teams
- Mentor other team members and help everybody have greater impact
- Initiate and drive continuous improvement of the team’s system-of-work
- Maintain a current understanding of relevant industry and technology trends
- Five or more years of experience of agile product development, including at least 2 years of significant technical/design responsibility for customer-facing deliverables
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders, users and other technical teams to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy and to envision and deliver innovative solutions
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and help them grow into more effective product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Deep knowledge and understanding of at least one modern programming language: Java or C++ preferred
- Knowledge and interest in computer networking, application/network monitoring, concurrency, database technology, distributed systems and cloud native software development
- B.S./B.A. degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities