Sr Software Engineer - Backend
Mountain View, CA 94035 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Sr Software Engineer — Backend to join our team remotely with our client.
We are looking for a backend engineer who loves to build cloud services — a system engineer who is not afraid of the biggest problems nor the smallest details and who is comfortable in every stage of the design and implementation process. We all play many roles and value a willingness to learn new skills and take on diverse responsibilities. As cloud services, and CS skills in general, are constantly evolving, the candidate should be comfortable learning new techniques, languages, tools, etc.
You will help implement a platform that deploys data analytics tools such as Spark, Hive, and Flink. As such, you should have practical experience with the unique trade-offs and pitfalls that arise when managing software across hundreds of servers distributed among multiple datacenters. You should be eager to analyze and troubleshoot unexpected system pathologies.
Desired Experience and Skills● A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field. A graduate degree is a plus.
● At least five years of experience developing cloud services and/or managing small teams.
● Foundational knowledge in the following especially relevant areas:
○ Operating Systems concepts (e.g. CPU scheduling, memory management, I/O, resource contention, file systems)
○ Analysis of algorithms (e.g. time and space complexity, data structures, randomized algorithms, hashing)
○ Experience with at least one statically typed, server-oriented programming language (e.g. Go, Rust, C++).
● Expertise in some (but not all) of the following areas:
○ Computer networking (e.g. TCP/IP, ethernet, DNS)
○ Databases (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, query optimizations, performance)
○ Distributed systems (e.g. CAP theorem, peer-to-peer and client-server models, RPC, replication, consensus, scalability)
● Familiarity with development tools (e.g. git, gdb, DTrace)
● Experience in a remote work environment with multiple time zones is a plus.
● Participation in the open-source community is a plus.
● Strong communication skills.
We are a remote-friendly (US-only) and has a highly distributed engineering team. We are mostly a remote team, but a few engineers are physically present in our Mountain View office. We are seeking candidates who would like to work in the Mountain View area, New York City area, or remotely within the US, and who can travel twice a year to meet other members of the engineering team.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities