Sr Network Administrator
30 South Nevada Avenue Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Senior Network Administrator
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Network Engineer to work at our client site in the Colorado Springs area. If you are interested in discovering an exciting career at one of the most established enterprises in the city where each and every individual plays an important role, and every single person is essential to the cultivation and the overall success of the Organization then this is the place for you. Looking for a Network Engineer to support the design and implementation of a re-IP of the clients' Infrastructure. CCNA or CCNP is a plus, strong Cisco Routers, Switches. ASA' s a plus.
Network Engineer will support and troubleshoot all aspects of the customer’ s network infrastructure, support and install equipment needed to deliver IT services, support the planning and design of network services. The goal of the Network Engineer will be to ensure that our customers have a consistently available and agreed to service delivery.
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot network equipment, software, and circuits.
- Respond to Incident and Request tickets and resolve them within agreed service level agreements.
- Implement required changes in compliance with the DoIT Change Management Process.
- Participate in Problem Management discussion to determine root cause.
- Review system logs and alerts and respond according to documented procedures.
- Provides proactive process improvement, analysis of best practices, identification and mitigation of network risks.
- Analyzes performance trends, identifies workflow or technology gaps, and recommends changes in an effort to improve the quality and efficiency of networks, systems, or security.
- Effectively works as a teammate and communicates following the escalation process.
- Concisely and effectively communicate progress, status and issues to IT management.
- Be a change agent in ensuring the DoIT delivers excellent customer service.
- Supports a service management culture across the technology organization.
- Implement ITIL based process and procedure and promote standard operating procedures to ensure KPIs are achieved.
- Track and manage tickets to ensure timely and agreed resolutions and solutions.
- Develop processes and procedures to meet or exceed operational Service Level Agreements (SLA) with the business partners.
- Troubleshoot fiber optic and copper cabling
- Assist cable infrastructure team with fiber optic and copper cabling installations
- Mount Wireless Access Points, rack mount switches, and install other networking hardware as required.
- Basic knowledge of routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, etc…)
- Experience with TCP/IP and LAN
- Operations, maintenance and security of multiple CISCO Platforms (6500 series, ASA’ s)
- Basic understanding of RADIUS / TACACS+
- Federal, State, Local government
- Multi-vendor environments
- Cable Infrastructure
- Quickly troubleshoot and identify cause of network or boundary protection service interruptions
- Monitor network and wireless infrastructure for optimal operation and utilization.
- Solve complex problems that are self-discovered or elevated from Tier-I/II.
- Complete assigned tasks and duties with minimal direction and guidance.
- Proper customer collaboration and engagement techniques. Work as a teammate within and across functional teams.
- Professional verbal and written communications.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing, with users and technical support.
- Operate in an ITSM, specifically ITIL based, environment.
- Respond to after-hours emergency situations as required.
- PC usage up to 100% of the time and ability to lift and move equipment up to 50lbs.
- Repair copper cabling on site
Two years of practical network engineering support experience.
Heavy Route/Switch Experience
Required Certifications at time of hire:
- CompTIA Security+
- ITIL Foundations
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Layer 2/3 experience
- In depth knowledge of cable infrastructure
- Experience and or knowledge of working in a hybrid environment of on-premise, co-located, and cloud based services.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities