Sr. Kubernetes Automation Engineer
Mountain View, CA 94035 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Senior Software Engineer - DX Team to join our Client's team.
This is a senior-level position for the DX (Developer Experience) Team. This position is heavily utilizing Kubernetes technologies and will be focused on working with newer technologies and solving problems related to CI/CD. You will participate in Samsung’s cloud initiatives by building Kubernetes solutions for developers such as CI/CD systems and other infrastructure projects.
- Utilize secure methodologies such as vault or policies to securely handle credentials
- Creating Infrastructure as Code Terraform scripts for all Kubernetes Infrastructure
- Utilize workflow engines including GitHub Actions, Jenkins, and Apache Airflow
- Be comfortable with using workflow runners including Github Action Runners, Jenkins Agents, Apache Airflow Workers, and Apache Spark
- Making sure all actions are auditable
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to communicate with different levels of the team and stakeholders
- Work with team members across different time zones
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ownership -Take ownership of projects, ensuring excellence in execution and accountability for results. Foster a sense of responsibility and pride in delivering high-quality work
- Innovation - Drive innovation by proposing and implementing creative solutions to challenges. Stay abreast of industry trends and technologies, bringing fresh ideas to the table
- Customer focus - Understand and prioritize customer needs, striving to exceed expectations in every interaction. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the delivery of customer-centric solution
- Teamwork - Embrace a collaborative and inclusive approach, working seamlessly with colleagues to achieve common goals
- Ability to communicate effectively with members from cross-functional teams, including DevOps, architects, and business stakeholders in different time zones
Education & Experience
- A B.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or any related discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years of related industry experience in engineering
- Experience with GitHub actions and knowledge on self-hosted runners
- Experience running Kubernetes workloads on various clouds including AWS, GCP and Azure
- Experience with custom integrations such as slack, bots, jira or any other tooling that may be required
- Familiarity with GitOps and utilizing github action runners particularly for Kubernetes-related workloads
- Experience with security with tools such as Hashicorp Vault and understanding of security policies on various cloud providers
- Developer experience with golang and python or similar programming languages
- Experience with Terraform and Infrastructure as Code methodologies
- Experience developing software to run on Linux systems
- Project management experience, ability to manage tasks, timelines, and priorities effectively.
- Experience in analyzing data and metrics to make data-driven decisions for optimizing cloud resources and performance
- Experience in analyzing complex problems and come up with effective solutions in a cloud context
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.