Sr IT Project Manager
Davis, CA 95616 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Sr IT Project Manager to join our team at our client’s site in Davis, CA.
We are seeking a senior Information technology (IT) project manager who daily applies sound project management methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on-time and with the highest of quality.
General Role Description:
The project manager will lead and manage work performed by IT, clinical, and internal stakeholders. They will lead discovery meetings, document workflows, gather project requirements, create charters, develop detailed project plans, and lead all implementation processes including status tracking, change control, issue resolution and project communication.
· Align with the Value Realization Office (VRO) to maintain projects using established best practices and standards.
· Collaboration with stakeholders to develop project materials (project plan, charter, schedules, requirements, testing plans and final specifications) as needed.
· Provide updates to management and stakeholders of progress through frequent communication that aligns with the project communication plan and ongoing demands.
· Exercise strategic thinking in prioritizing workload, as well as escalation to leadership.
· Creates partnerships amongst all relevant UCDH departments, teams, vendors, and resources to ensure technology is fully and accurately designed, costed, and deployed.
· Supports development and implementation of customized organizational change management (OCM) strategy.
· Conducts change management readiness and stakeholder assessments to understand the current organizational landscape, potential challenges, and change key drivers.
· Partners with Information Technology infrastructure, security, and other technical leaders to identify and document system requirements.
· Leads stakeholder interviews to understand and document workflow and technology requirements.
· Conducts and participates in technology vendor interviews to coordinate/complete bids or RFPs as relevant for system budgeting and implementation planning.
· Other project management duties as assigned.
· May perform business analysis as needed.
· Provides direction, sets priorities, and analyzes workflow for clinical applications staff, according to established policies and management guidance.
· Minimum of 5 years IT project management experience
· Experience leading multiple, complex projects in a matrixed organization
· Experience with system interfaces
· Experience with integrated multi-vendor applications
· Ability to clearly communicate at all levels within an organization
· Demonstrated ability to deliver well-organized and engaging presentations
· Demonstrated ability to function in a highly dynamic, fast-paced, and continually changing environment
· Experienced in facilitating multi-disciplined workgroups to develop solutions to problems and/or consensus
· Proficient in Microsoft suite of applications including Visio, Teams and SharePoint
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
· Experience with ServiceNow implementation, ITBM
· Experienced in organizational change management
· Six Sigma and/or project management institute certification
· Experience working in a large health care system and familiar with clinical and operational applications
· Experience working in a PMO
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities