Sr Bid Manager - Austin, TX
Austin, TX 78733
Blackstone Technology Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Sr Bid Manager - Austin, TX to join our team at our client s site in Austin, TX.
In this exciting environment, an opportunity is available for an experienced and motivated Senior Bid Project Manager to join our project team in Austin, Texas.
Successful candidates will have spent at least 6 years in progressively responsible positions in project controls of ITS infrastructure projects ranging from $100.000 to over $100 Million. In this role, you will be responsible for managing bids and proposals from customer s initial interest to the handover of the awarded project to the execution team. Leading a team of subject matter experts, you will apply your comprehensive project management skills to create a winning proposal that exceeds customer expectations.
You will be responsible for managing an opportunity from qualification to contract award, including value proposition/strategy development, solution development, commercial considerations, partner identification and risk management. This is a highly networked role that requires your ability to work under pressure, to meet challenging deadlines, and to apply strong people management and commercial skills.
- Bachelor s degree in Civil, Traffic, Software or Electrical engineering with related work experience. MBA or M.S. degree preferred
- 10 years of experience in execution or bid project environments within a corporate context
- Experience in US infrastructure and governmental (RFP, RFI) projects
- Understanding of infrastructure systems and control systems
- Highly structured with attention to detail, outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- PMP certification (PMI) preferred
- Support sales and senior management in developing business opportunities
- Manage the bid qualification process for new opportunities
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Finance and Commercial, Legal and Project Management
- Prepare and review the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer
- Adhere to defined internal and external standards, manage and coordinate all temporarily assigned project staff
- Manage risk of the bid and the execution throughout process
- Contribute to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation (such as preparation of a management summary)
- Prepare and deliver smaller bids with minimal supervision
- Manage the bid budget
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
- Establish and maintain key targets and performance indicators to measure and control bid projects and contribute to continuous improvement and knowledge sharing
- Arrange all post bid reviews with customers, post contract award
- Be an excellent communicator, to liaise with both internal and external clients
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities