700 West Mineral Avenue Littleton, CO 80120
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking an IT Security Architect III to join our team and work at our client site in Littleton, CO.
Our client is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company. They operate more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia and provide broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250, 000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300, 000-route-mile international transport network. Our client is headquartered in Monroe, Louisiana.
Splunk Engineer SME with 5-10 years of experience as a Splunk Engineer with security focus. Extensive experience with configuring and tuning Splunk base and Splunk ES in a large enterprise environment. Solutions may be cloud-based or remote-managed on-premise solutions. Able to work with clients to maximize Splunk value and effectiveness. Experience with correlation rules for creating security alerts. Capable of leveraging Splunk capabilities in support of SOC process flows. Experience tuning Splunk for efficiencies in a high-capacity environment. The role is expected to contribute to documentation and adhere to SLA targets and requirements. The daily duties include hands-on troubleshooting, interfacing with clients and associates as needed to resolve complex cases, maintaining and patching managed security platforms. Preferred background includes Splunk architecture design, implementation, configuration and tuning.
Top Technical Skills required
• Bash and Python scripting
Provide direct technical support including:
• Support security team leveraging Splunk as a security tool
• Assist customers with Splunk deployments and tuning
• Analyze and recommend improvements to existing Splunk environments
• Tune notable alerts to meet customer needs and mission objectives
• Basic troubleshooting on the full range of Fortinet products
• Collection, analysis and change recommendations of configuration information • Collection and analysis of customer network information
• Collection and initial analysis of packet trace information
• Recommend corrective actions based on analysis
• Provide customer education where needed due to gaps in networking, product knowledge
• Consultation of technical documentation, bulletins and release notes for known problems
• Reproduction of customer environments on lab equipment
• Follow up on technical cases including proper escalation and management of the case
• Manage customer communications and expectations until the closure of each case
Education and Experience
• BS preferred in computer science, information systems, information assurance equivalent work experience
• 5-10 years of experience as Splunk Engineer with security focus
• Splunk certifications strongly desired
• Industry certifications such as GSEC, CISM, CISSP, etc
• Strong verbal and written English communications skills required
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities