Solutions Design Engineer AS0003RL
Schriever Air Force Base Colorado Springs, CO 80912
The Solutions Engineer will apply systems engineering best practices to requirements definition and design of Missile Defense Agency (MDA) managed information systems.
- Will support development of processes for systems engineering of Linux and Microsoft based systems.
- The Solutions Engineer will plan and implement MDA Enterprise Systems.
- They will work with Solutions Architecture to develop proposals and respond to customer requests.
- Must have the ability to clearly present and articulate solutions to the customer.
- Additionally, the engineer will work with the Operations teams to automate processes and ensure solutions align with operational procedures where applicable.
- Will develop and maintain systems documentation, diagrams, changes, and standard operation procedures.
- High School Diploma and 12 years general experience or an Associate’ s degree and 10 years general experience or a Bachelor’ s degree and 8 years general experience.
- Requires 6 years related experience.
- Candidate must possess a CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Experience with Windows 2012 and 2016 operating systems and or Linux server OS.
- Experience with Windows PowerShell and system automation.
- Experience with Group Policy Objects.
- Experience with Active Directory and DNS.
- Experience with Server Deployment and Management.
- Experience with data center/server monitoring systems.
- Experience with systems engineering best practices.
- Experience developing processes and training.
- Must be a US citizen and have an active DoD Secret clearance.
- Microsoft Remote Access Service (RAS).
- Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
- Solid understanding of various development lifecycles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work with minimal oversight.
- Willing to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities