Software Production Engineer
2415 Eisenhower Ave Alexandria, VA 22314
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Java Developer with 4-6 years of experience, strong on the back-end, for a long term engagement in the Alexandria, VA / Herndon, VA area. Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance. This is a long term opportunity with a lot of opportunity to grow.
- Java Developer with 4-6 years of experience in developing applications in an agile environment.
- Troubleshoot data related problems for end users
- Deliver technical deliverables/activities according to schedule and ensure quality of the products.
- Technical analysis and documentation of complex functions in the system.
- Involvement in all phases of software development life cycle with analysis, design, development, configuration management, implementation, integration, testing, debugging, production maintenance.
- Working with the infrastructure and tier 1 support teams to respond to and resolve issues
- Generate complex database reports and queries for the client with particular emphasis on performance tuning.
- Designing robust architectural solutions and being able to setup/build and deploy complex Java applications
- Mentoring and supporting junior team members to support troubleshooting of production issues, and maintenance of web-based software
- Strong knowledge and project experience in Java Technologies like Soap, JSP, Servlets, JDBC, Spring, Struts, maven and ant build tool, XSLT and XML.
- Working knowledge of deploying applications on App servers preferably WebLogic, GlassFish and Tomcat
- Experience with Database design including Stored Procedures, DML and DDL tasks on Sybase or Oracle database.
- Sound RDBMS concepts and experienced in designing and coding stored procedures using SQL
- Experience with Source control and configuration management using SVN, Rational ClearCase and ClearQuest.
- Working knowledge of UNIX shell scripting.
- Experience with tools like Rational Rose, Eclipse, Tiny MCE and agile tools
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of minorities/females/vets/disability