Software Java Engineer
market street san jose, CA 99999
Leaders in Sleep Technology, Analytics and Predictive Analysis are looking for a Software Java Engineer. The Software Java Engineer will be responsible for building and supporting algorithm and application logic for the product platform. In this role, the position will be responsible for development and support of multi-tiered systems that captures data 24 hours a day supporting millions of devices, makes data accessible at scale via APIs and front-end web systems, and leverage established tools to automate the operation and maintenance of such systems with high levels of performance and availability.
- Development and support of algorithm driven applications with data processing
- Work closely with product, engineering, QA, DevOps and support teams to define and refine our cloud platform to achieve company objectives.
- Ensure high availability and provide application support
- Continually improve operational processes and procedures
- Collaborate with other technology teams and to define protocols, API' s, to operate and acquire data from large numbers of Internet-connected devices
- Develop and support all aspects of our cloud presence on Amazon Web Services
Experience, Education & Certifications
Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 5+ years of software development experience with latest 1 to 2 years in cloud development
- Strong hands-on experience in the development of C and Java based applications on cloud
- Experience in using Matlab and integrating applications with Matlab libraries
- Strong expertise and experience in JDBC and data-oriented development
- Experience in Internet of Things (IoT) architecture is preferable
- Experience in developing distributed cloud applications and systems using Java and Scala preferably on AWS
- Working experience in Java, AWS EC2, EMR, RDBMS, Cassandra or any other NoSQL DB
- In-depth experience in data and application modeling
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
- Demonstrate being a team player in every day work
- Being proactive and self-driven in all engineering decisions and deliverables
- Deliver high quality code with unit tests all the time
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
- Demonstrated understanding of high scale cloud architecture
- Good understanding of scalable distributed computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms using Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Storm, etc.
- Proficient in network, distributed, asynchronous and concurrent programming
- Components of our system that are helpful to be familiar with AWS products such as EC2, S3, EMR, SQL and Cassandra database technologies, C and Java.