Software Integration Engineer
Colorado Springs, CO 80919 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Software Integration Engineer to join our team at our client’s site in Colorado Springs, CO.
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Installation and configuration of Linux and Windows HW platforms from the OS up to the program-developed applications.
- Documentation and verification of all installation and configuration steps in the documentation to be delivered to the customer.
- Develop installation scripts to automate the system installation.
- Develop test plans/procedures for software integration test conduct, be responsible for integration/execution, detailed data analysis, and preparation of software test reports.
- Coordinate execution of SW integration tests to verify system operation.
- Work with software developers as needed to help diagnose and identify the root cause of problems found during software integration. Submit problem reports for errors found.
- Responsible for implementing all Information Assurance directives on the systems including running IA scans.
- Task and coordinate daily integration activities with other local team members.
- The position requires previous experience in the integration of separate software components into a single system.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline.
- Security+ certification required (IAT- Level II)
- DOD Secret Clearance
Strong technical skills in the following are required:
- Experience integrating complex applications on Windows and Unix/Linux platforms.
- Experience with Linux and Windows system administration including installing and configuring systems from the OS level up.
- Experience with VMWare systems administration and installation.
- Experience with VM Horizon View is a plus.
- Experience with Information Assurance policies and procedures and the ability to apply IA requirements to an existing system.
- Experience with Powershell/Bash/Korn scripting languages (developing, debugging and maintaining).
- Use of Git Version Control System
- Hands on experience with DoD integration processes, Agile and DevOps methodologies and automated test tools.
- Ability to read and troubleshoot application source code
- Familiarity with Java and object-oriented development a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to change.
- Knowledge/expertise in the C2BMC concept of operations and user interface
- Experience writing installation manuals. Must be able to write clear, concise system installation and configuration instructions.
- Good communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with software developers, system administrators, and analysis and test engineers.
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities