Software Engineering Manager, DevOps Team
Mountain View, CA 94043 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Software Engineering Manager, DevOps Team to join our Client's team.
The DevOps Team is responsible for the platform, tools, and infrastructure supporting Samsung Private Cloud’s (SPC) customer-facing products. We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager, DevOps Team (Mountain View CA) who shares and practices our values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, and a high level of craftsmanship.
As the Software Engineering Manager, DevOps Team, you will be leading a team developing tools to create and maintain cloud infrastructure, automate the management of complex service-oriented applications, databases, and other tools, and develop frameworks to ensure the SPC’s stability and scalability.
We are looking for a self-starter who lives and breathes SLIs and SLOs for products and services. You enjoy solving deep technical problems as much as you enjoy mentoring your team to do the same and working cross-functionally throughout the organization to grow our collective skills.
In this role, you will be a hands-on leader, leading a diverse, globally remote team by providing technical guidance and removing blockers to achieve goals. Under your leadership, your team will partner with developers to continuously improve performance, reliability, and cost efficiencies, not to mention you will play a key role in shaping the engineering and company culture at Joyent.
- Design, build, and support SPC’s cloud infrastructure, leveraging automation and infrastructure-as-code
- Build tools to empower self-service for SPC development teams, bolster platform scalability and availability, and improve security posture in service to SPC’s customers
- Partner with product developers to build services according to modern design patterns
- Recruit, manage, mentor, and scale a team of passionate engineers
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with engineers, managers, and other colleagues based on trust, empathy, and technical expertise
Skills & Competencies
- Ownership -Take ownership of projects, ensuring excellence in execution and accountability for results. Foster a sense of responsibility and pride in delivering high-quality work
- Innovation - Drive innovation by proposing and implementing creative solutions to challenges. Stay abreast of industry trends and technologies, bringing fresh ideas to the table
- Customer focus - Understand and prioritize customer needs, striving to exceed expectations in every interaction. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the delivery of customer-centric solutions
- Teamwork - Embrace a collaborative and inclusive approach, working seamlessly with colleagues to achieve common goals
Education & Experience
- Previous professional experience in a DevOps/SRE role
- Experience building and managing highly available cloud infrastructure and services
- Deep understanding of monitoring, logging, and observability platforms, and a passion for SLI and SLO best practices
- Experience managing a production infrastructure/Software including 24/7 on call
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Terraform, Helm, Vault, and Ansible
- Experience creating and working with containers and leveraging container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes or Nomad
- Experience developing CI/CD workflows
- Experience in managing a team and demonstrating ability to lead by influence
- Strong development experience in Go, Python, Bash, and/or other programming languages
- BS in engineering or relevant technical degree
- Cloud Certification is a plus
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.