Senior Software Engineer
2121 South El Camino Real, Bldg D100 San Mateo, CA 94403
Senior Software Engineer
Who are we?
A Research and Innovation team within Comfort and Driving Assistance (CDA) Business Group (BG) living at the intersection of vehicle Automation, Human-Machine-Interfaces, and Connectivity. Our exhilarating mission is to explore the future of mobility experiences, prove their value, and bring them to life. As a team we dream, we do, we learn, and if we don’ t know we ask. We explore new technologies, establish relationships with potential partners and automakers, develop in-vehicle proof of concepts, and engineer the future!
What you’ ll do
- Develop software for proof of concepts and research activities across multiple domains
- Collaborate with a cross-functional global network to define, design, and create innovative concepts
- Develop innovative vehicle experiences which will be showcased to our client’ s leadership, automakers, and at major technology and automotive events.
- Create technical documentation supporting project transfers and briefings with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Research and work on emerging technologies across domains beyond automotive
- Collaborate with startups, strategic partners, and/or automakers developing cutting edge projects
We are looking for
- Experience with automotive technology systems and networks (CAN, LIN, Ethernet)
- 5+ years of software development in C, C++, C# (production rated not necessary)
- Development utilizing cross-platform communications protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, MQTT)
- Development utilizing wireless technologies (WiFi, Bluetooth, Cellular, etc)
- Producing technical documentation (e.g. requirements specification, system architecture, interface control, trade studies, etc)
- Defining functional test procedures and data collection needs for analysis
- Working experience developing algorithms for processing perception sensor data
- Integration of 3rd party APIs, SDKs, (e.g. LeapMotion, Intel RealSense, etc)
- Experience with code versioning control tools
- Natural desire to expand his/her own skill set to find the right solutions to complex problems
- Familiarity with ADAS technologies (Cameras, Ultrasonics, Radars, Lidar, etc) with experience in video streaming applications
- Prototyping with development boards (Arduino, Raspberry, etc)
Apply if you think you have what we’ re looking for and want to …
- Work in a startup environment within an established organization
- Travel domestically and internationally as needed (5-10%)
- Get family benefits, 401k, educational assistance, and more!
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities