1315 W. Century Drive Louisville, CO 80027
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team at our client’ s site in Louisville, CO.
We work to solve deep technical problems that improve the world of Healthcare. These problems span a variety of core topics in computer science ranging from databases to distributed systems. We are looking for a full stack engineer who feels strongly about delivering good software but also about running software in the real world.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Leads full stack development effort of Customer facing Business Intelligence Applications.
- Perform general application development activities, including unit testing, code review, code deployment to development environment and technical documentation.
- Defines and owns accountability in estimation process, use case specifications, reviews of test plans and test cases, requirements, and project planning.
- Provides hands-on new development as well as support, maintenance, or enhancement of existing applications in programming languages such as Java, Python, and Angular
- Designs, maintains, and performance-tunes extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes using SQL, Java, or Python source-to-target data mappings
- Analyzing business requirements and working with teammates to formulate supporting design and design documentation
- Significant decision making in implementation of the product. Provide architectural guidance and development/build standards for the team and as a consultant for other teams.
- Promoting collaboration through activities such as design sessions, design reviews, pair programming, etc.,
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- 8 years of full stack experience building business intelligence applications using a combination of Angular, SQL and Java
- 8 years of experience in database programming, with exceptional SQL development skills
- 5 years of experience of Java development
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing in an AWS environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience building application artifacts and performing continuous deployment of application artifacts
- 5 years working in an agile development environment.
- Experience using S3, EC2, Redshift, Glue and RDS
- Experience delivering in a microservice and event-based architecture
- Strong ownership, urgency, and drive to ship code
- Ability to “ work backwards” from understanding the user request to the technical deliverable
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and designs to cross functional teams and off shore teams with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Constructively challenges the status quo; develops, proposes, and supports the implementation of innovative and creative solutions. Iterates and improves upon domain technology.
- Displays flexibility in adapting to changing conditions.
- Strong team player, makes a valuable contribution to team objectives, displays trust and mutual understanding, accepts constructive feedback, and handles confrontation constructively.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and possesses a proven track record of high-quality deliverables.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Application/system architecture experience
- Node.js development a plus
- Experience developing with Python or PySpark
- Experience with RedShift Spectrum
- Experience processing large amounts of data from disparate sources
- Strong preference for previous experience using Big Data technologies and methodologies
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities