Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team and work at our client site in Dulles, VA.
Job Description: We are looking for a talented Software Engineer. The ideal candidate should have a good foundation in Java or C# and extensive experience working in a Linux or UNIX environment. The candidate should have a demonstrable understanding of software principles, theories, and concepts related to software engineering (including software development lifecycle and software development process), design patterns and Object Oriented analysis, design, and programming.
A current TS/SCI security clearance with NGA clearances is required for this job.
- Interpret requirements into software architecture and design
- Design, develop and code software sufficient to meet the requirements of one or more components or systems
- Perform integration, test and documentation duties to ensure proper operation of hardware and software platforms
- Integrate a wide variety of applications from various sources; integrate and ensure they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization
- Adhere to accepted standards and processes for development, including writing unit tests which provide a high percentage of code overage; participating in code peer reviews, conducting design reviews, and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code
- 2+ years of software development experience in Java or C# in a Linux or UNIX environment
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Desire to work and thrive in a team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Able to work independently with very little supervision
- Experience using source control tools associated with defect/issue tools
- Active/Current TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with RESTful services
- Experience using JDBC to connect to relational databases (programmatic & command line)
- Experience developing and deploying distributed cloud-based applications
- Development, inspection, and manipulation of XML, XSDs and WSDLs
- Experience using SOAP-based web services (interface definition, implementation, WS-Security)
- Experience with Spring
- Experience using continuous integration tools such as Hudson/Jenkins or Cruise Control
- Experience with automated testing, build automation and dependency management tools
- Experience using task management tools such as JIRA Agile
- Experience coding applications interfacing with Postgres and Mongo databases
- Active SSBI
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities