Software Engineer II
Aurora, CO 80011
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking an Software Engineer II to join our team and work at our client site in Aurora, CO.
Founded in 1922, our client is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. They provide state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, capabilities in C5I (command, control, communications, computing, cyber and intelligence), sensing, effects and mission support services. Our client is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts and maintain offices in 19 countries to serve their global customers.
Job Description: We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our team that is responsible for full life cycle engineering on state of the art environmental, commercial and sensing systems for government and commercial applications.
- Planning and performing software test automation involving definition and implementation of test and verification requirements
- Plans and sequences relative to complex software and hardware subsystems and resolves identified conflicting issues
- Participates in software automated test readiness reviews
- Participates in software design reviews
- Conducts audits of test programs and facilities
- Apply understanding of principles of related engineers and software technology to ensure test validity and integrity
- Conduct software automated tests, which include collaborating with other in establishing language requirements and configuration management techniques
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- Bachelor’ s degree in engineering or related scientific discipline with minimum of 6+ years of software engineering experience
- Hands on experience with Test Automation tools (Eggplant or Cucumber)
- Experience preparing and presenting reports and briefings both orally and written
- Knowledge or experience with Webservices and Object Oriented design
- Ability to work in a collaborative multi-discipline environment to produce deliverable products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 6+ years of experience including the following
- Object oriented software design and development using Java including Junit unit testing
- JEE/J2EE experience including Application Sever (JBoss, Weblogic, etc.) Java Persistence
- Architecture (JPA), spring framework
- Developing scripts to support test efforts for the software build cycles
- Preparing test procedures and test procedure execution
- Utilizing discrepancy report systems
- Working within Integrated Product Teams
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities