Software Engineer 4
20403 68th Ave S Kent, WA 98032 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Software Engineer 4 to join our team at our client’s site in Kent, WA.
We are seeking engineers that are passionate about space and motivated to be part of a multi-disciplined, collaborative engineering environment that supports the design, development, and implementation of software government space products!
This is an opportunity to work in a rapid development environment using modern technology, architecture, and tools. We need your help to develop software capabilities for mission data processing of sensor raw data to provide operational products to the customer.
Our team works within an agile methodology using a CI/CD environment; integrated with automated testing, vulnerability, & quality scanning capabilities. The software team uses the Python language and leverages artificial intelligence / machine learning concepts.
You will directly partner with customer counterparts and program management to deliver the highest value capabilities, performing demonstrations along the way. The role requires a creativity and you will be encouraged to automate manual processes and workflows where possible. The candidate should possess excellent communications skills and work well in a team environment to support the needs of the Integrated Product Team.
This senior position requires proven experience within the software ecosystem, a unique background of project experience, and the clear exhibition of superior judgment and decision making to engineer new solutions and capabilities. Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills are required!
Primary Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Refactoring legacy application into a new cloud-based framework and provide enhancements to existing capabilities.
- Develop and maintain requirements, architectures, algorithms, interfaces, and designs for new product capabilities.
- Perform software development in the agile methodology utilizing a DevSecOps environment where you will support continuous team improvement.
- Build software test procedures and environments, implement the tests and document results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Present progress demonstrations to customer representatives and satellite program leadership.
Our client is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and problem solvers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret Security/SCI Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active). This position requires a current Tier 5 (T5), formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) (U.S. Citizenship required) with current polygraph.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or another related field.
- 5 or more years of experience with the Python software language.
- Software development experience in a collaborative team environment using agile principles and a structured development process including code reviews and DevOps processes/tools.
- Experience using team collaboration tools including Git, JIRA, Confluence, Artifactory, etc.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with artificial intelligence and machine learning concepts.
- Experience with sensor process and image formation.
- Current CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Experience using SonarQube and/or Coverity to manage code quality.
- Experience with cloud computing and virtualization technologies and containerized applications and frameworks (Jupyter, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm).
- Experience with Python numerical tools (numpy, scipy), GIS tools for python & map front-ends (OpenLayers/Cesium).
- Bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' experience in an engineering classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities