Software Engineer 4 - C++/Java
440 N Wooten Rd Colorado Springs, CO 80916 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Software Engineer 4 to join our Client's team.
Leads activities to develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. Leads development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system. Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met. Provides technical leadership for software projects and leads software supplier management activities. Leads development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes, tools and metrics. Plans, executes and documents software research and development projects. Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations. Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards. Works under minimal direction.
As a member of the team, you will be involved in the entire development life cycle, from idea creation and development, all the way through to maintenance and support of the customers delivered system. These positions will place you in roles where you have the opportunity to make an impact on the results of our project. The team offers a collaborative mentoring environment where you have the opportunity to learn, to mentor others, and be a part of establishing the future of our organization
- Support Agile development teams to delivering an end-to-end automation of deployment, monitoring, and infrastructure management in a cloud environment. Decompose complex requirements and capabilities into executable discrete user stories
- Perform Windows and Linux system administration
- Use a variety of scripting and automation technologies including bash, groovy, python, terraform, ansible, helm, docker to configure development, testing and production environments
- Employ GitOps techniques and tooling (e.g. ArgoCO, Flux, Fleet) to declaratively manage environments
- Deploy, configure, monitor, troubleshoot, upgrade and maintain kubernetes clusters (microk8s, rke2, rancher) and microservice deployments
- Deploy, configure, monitor, troubleshoot, upgrade and maintain a wide variety of CI/CD and Agile Team tooling including JFrog Artifactory, Nexus Repository, GitLab CI, Jenkins, Bitbucket, SonarQube, Confluence, Jira, and similar tools
- Perform tasks across a wide spectrum of environments include AWS, DoD Private Clouds, and on-premise data centers
- Work together with program vendors, development teams, and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Demonstrate excellent collaboration, communication and coordination skills
- Be positive with a growth mindset, embracing collaboration, challenges and ambiguity in a complex technical environment.
- This position is expected to be on-site in Colorado Springs 3+ days a week using a hybrid approach.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Active U.S. Secret Security Clearance.
- 7 or more years of professional software development and broad engineering experience.
- 5 or more years of software development experience with a backend programming language such as Python, C++, Java or C#
- 2 or more years of experience with microservice architectures utilizing Kubernetes for container orchestration
- 2 or more years of experience using automation tools (e.g. Docker, Terraform, and Ansible) to deploy/configure infrastructure and applications
- Experience with logging (e.g. Elasticsearch, Splunk) and performance analysis (e.g. Kibana, Grafana) tools
- Experience with Identity Management and PKI Integration
- Experience with Continuous Delivery/Deployment pipelines and concepts
- Experience working in an Agile or Kanban software development environment utilizing the Atlassian Suite for documentation and project management
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- A passion for distributed systems and microservice architectures.
- Experience with complex systems containing many integrated components.
- Experience with open-source software development experience.
- Experience with fine tuning Kubernetes and the underlying host OS for optimal performance in a low-latency environment.
- Experience troubleshooting software and network integration during platform deployments
- Proven ability to plan, schedule, and deliver quality software.
- Experience and ability to support Government security requirements and best practices for software delivery involving system accreditation
Bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' experience in an engineering classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Work statement is a non-managerial role, non-leadership role
Security Clearance Required: Secret
Blackstone Talent Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and software firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone's global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities
We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to Blackstone.