Software Engineer 3
6001 South Air Depot Oklahoma City, OK 73135 US
Blackstone Talent Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Software Engineer 3 to join our team at our client’s site in Oklahoma City, OK.
- Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system
- Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met
- Performs software project management and software supplier management functions
- Develops, selects, tailors and deploys software processes, tools and metrics
- Executes and documents software research and development projects
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations
- Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards
- Works under general direction
What are the Top 3-5 Technical/Software Skills needed to perform this role/job?:
- You will be developing software applications (JAVA, C#), working with software provided by Boeing organizations, generating requirements, maintaining Software Interface Documents, evaluating designs, integrating the Software into the Ground System. Target host environments include Linux and Windows.
- If you come to work with us you will be responsible for full life-cycle software development which means you will have a hand in defining the requirements; designing, implementing and testing the software; and supporting these products through delivery and in the field.
- Will be a member of a high performing, collaborative team and must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, excellent time-management, and interpersonal skills.
- These teams use agile methodologies to support all aspects of product development, including project management.
- You will be encouraged to actively help the team to continuously improve and develop innovative and creative solutions to products and processes.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- 3+ years of experience with software and systems integration
- 1+ years of experience in software development life cycles, configuration management and best agile software engineering practices
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or other technical degree
Desired Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and Scaled Agile
- 1+ years experience working in Software development in JAVA and/or C#
- 1+ years of experience working with Virtualized Systems (i.e. VMWare) design and implementation
- 1+ years of experience with networking communications standards, IP Networking, and protocols (e.g. Transport Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), File Transfer Protocol (FTP), Secure Transport Protocol (SCP), Extensible Mark-up Language (XML)
- Successfully completing training is a contingency for these assignments
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience)
- In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Blackstone Talent Group is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements technological solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’s global talent augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Talent Group has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in providing clients the best talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities