Software Engineer / DevOps Developer
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking a Software Engineer / DevOps Developer to join our team and work at our client site in Aurora, CO. This will give the individual an opportunity to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance.
Job Description: We are looking for a talented Software Engineer / DevOps Developer to join our clients DevOps Transformation team. You will be responsible for supporting our team and programs in their journey to adopt DevOps skills, tools and culture as a new way of working. In our dojo, you will collaborate with other transformation team members to help program teams learn how to better write, test, package, build, integrate, secure, deploy, operate, and monitor system capabilities in new and legacy software. And help them to embrace automation, deliver small batches, and work in agile cross-disciplined teams.
- Executing practical application of agile behavior. Participating in planning, backlog grooming, standups, and retrospectives.
- Learning and adopting multiple roles within the transformation team.
- Developing software applications alongside program teams-in-training, in their own codebase, incorporating and sharing test, build, package, refactoring, etc. skills
- Helping teams-in-training add test and other pipeline automation to their existing systems
- Assisting the transformation team improve how it transforms other teams, through advancement of the dojo infrastructure, team capabilities, and training material.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance; Candidate must be able to obtain government security clearance.
- Full stack developer: 8+ years of experience in Java or C++ and with build, test and deploy automation tools (junit, cucumber, ruby, python, perl, etc), and with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins), configuration management tools (e.g. Chef)
- At least 8+ years of experience in agile development.
- Experience with cloud and containerization: AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with other engineers and management
- Ability to develop and deliver training material.
- Hands-on experience using an Agile planning tool such as JIRA.
- Agile certification
- Software architecture experience including 12 Factor App, microservices
- Technical lead experience
- 8+ years of experience with a B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or a related field