Software Engineer, Support
San Jose, CA 99999
We are the next generation personal assistant company named one of the top 15 interesting startups to watch in 2016, and after our acquisition we are now poised to bring our vision of a new kind of user interaction to the world at global scale. The next generation of AI will provide a truly open platform that lets any developer extend knowledge and capabilities.
The Developer Platform provides a set of tools that make it easy for third-party developers to create AI capabilities on top of their web services, and then publish the new functionality to a marketplace accessible by many users across a variety of devices and experiences.
As a Developer Support Engineer you' ll have the following responsibilities:
- Provide development assistance to the our Developer Community and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Manage resolution of issues, including escalation, system testing, strategy sessions and distribution of knowledge throughout the company
- Write sample code, technical articles, and tutorials, above and beyond documentation, on an as-needed basis.
- Act as the bridge between Support and Engineering/Product Management
- Perform troubleshooting sessions with developers on API integrations.
- Review customer code samples to identify issues and escalate to Engineering.
- Act as point of escalation for technical questions to facilitate the rapid deployment of customers’ capsules.
- Proactively test new feature releases and raise any concerns with Engineering.
- Create and present internal content for team education and training purposes.
- Identify trending issues for customers and internal employees that require escalation.
- Perform check of escalated issues found by internal team members prior to advancing through proper channels.
- Participate in StackOverflow.com forums to answer any questions and support the growth of self-help within the Developer Community
- 2 to 5 years in a Developer Support or a Developer role working with Web applications
- Familiar with using UI toolkits and frameworks to create graphical layouts.
- Familiar with the architecture and working of Web services.
- Experience in supporting or developing products that are primarily accessible via Web APIs and/or SDK.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, or related field
- A focus on delivering consistently superior customer experiences.
- Ability to adapt to varying priorities and incomplete information, and generate solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with working on full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
- Outstanding communication skills, along with the ability to connect with the intended audience.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to balance between competing priorities.
In addition to the competitive salary package as a full time employee, you will start enjoying attractive benefits starting on your very first day!
Join us and enjoy our benefits starting with a complete health and insurance package specifically designed for our employees and their families; PTO and flexible working arrangements policies are designed to maintain great work-life balance, including “ work from home” Thursdays; Take advantage of our brand new spacious office with 360 views of the valley. Lunchtime soccer once a week for those interested, an on-site gym, and stocked kitchen to keep you physically and mentally fit; monthly stipend for phone or Internet service; downtown location with free parking or subsidized transportation (Caltrain, AmTrack, etc).
We are a dedicated team that loves AI technology & user experience, and will empower you to learn, grow and achieve your career dreams!