Software Development Engineer in Test Manager
6 N. Tejon St Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Manager - Software Development for Test Team
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm, is seeking a Manager - Software Development for Test Team to join our client’ s team and work as a DIRECT HIRE to our client in Colorado Springs, CO.
Our client is a Colorado-Springs based SAAS leader in the Finetech arena. With our office in beautiful Colorado Springs, in the heart of downtown providing beautiful views of our city, the Front Range, and America' s Mountain – Pikes Peak. They have successfully built a POS platform that has revolutionized the direction the Fintech industry is heading. Through killer content and multiple integrations suites, our client continues to lead the POS revolution.
Why you want to work with us?
• You’ re looking for potential to grow at a rapidly developing tech company.
• Your idea of " benefits" includes things like, casual at work, playing foosball, consuming new development stacks, and working alongside a brilliant team in addition to 100% paid healthcare, Annual Bonus, UNLIMITED VACAY!
• Oh yeah, did we mention that we provide stipend for lunch? Where we take some time to " practice what we preach" by setting aside the daily work to invest in relationship with each other. We' ll grab lunch out together, play a game of shuffleboard, and maybe even a friendly tournament to finish off a great week.
• You want to be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and high growth environment, with the benefits of fortune 500 parent company
• You want an office that is conveniently located in beautiful Colorado Springs, on the edge of the foothills. You' ll find our office providing beautiful 360 degree views of the city, the Front Range, and Pikes Peak
• You like working with lots of different people, tired of being the smartest person in the room and you enjoy managing projects that will have a huge impact on the future of our business
Management of the Software Development Engineers in Test team
This person will support engineers by designing and maintaining cutting-edge automation systems to ensure we deploy code with amazing quality and speed.
Designs, implements, and supports a complex set of server integrations between business partners, internal and merchant facing web presentation layers, and android devices.
Responsibilities will vary based on your prior work experience, strengths, and priorities of testing needs, but possible responsibilities include the following:
- Work closely with a high performing Agile Squad to analyze the epics and stories for testability, clarify acceptance criteria, and look for opportunities to prevent problems before code is written.
- Participate in design reviews, advocating for the customer experience, testability, proper monitoring, and defect prevention.
- Create test & quality strategies for the new features. Coach the team with test techniques, including test-driven approaches, and provide assistance where needed.
- Create the test cases, using the proper mix of manual & automated tests.
- Work side-by-side with the development team on testing in parallel and automating tests in the sprints.
- Develop automated tests with the appropriate technologies including Java and UI Automator.
- Analyze & triage automated tests running in the Continuous Integration system, taking appropriate action and monitoring for (and fixing) flaky tests.
- Create test plans for non-functional quality attributes like performance, reliability, and security.
- Perform customer experience testing on products, including on-boarding, usability, and real-world end-to-end experiences.
- Provide the Squad and all stakeholders with clear and real-time updates regarding test status, bug status, and overall quality about the product.
- Monitor customer satisfaction and production data to ensure we lead the effort to learn from any customer bugs to understand the root cause, how the bug escaped, and put preventative measures in place.
- Keep a learning mindset - look for opportunities to continuously improve yourself, our products, and the practices that we use to build our products.
- Software development experience commensurate with your level. We are looking for software engineers that love testing and using technology to test most effectively.
- Proficient in black box, functional, and user flow testing techniques
- Experience with Android, REST Server, and web testing
- Experience with software development tools (IDE, debugger, git, JIRA, etc)
- Shell scripting skills (commands like grep, cut, sed, sort, wget, etc.)
- Familiarity with JSON objects, SQL queries, data structures, Android tools (ADB, DDMS, Monkey, Memory Analyzer, etc.), log file analysis, etc.
- BS in an engineering discipline, preferably computer science or engineering, or equivalent work experience
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities