Software Development Engineer, Platform
655 Montgomery Street, 16th Floor San Francisco, CA 94111
Our Software Developer Engineers are building a net-new cloud using the learnings and findings from the last ten years of API-driven computing, virtualization practices, and large-scale multi data center applications. Our innovations and execution techniques are harvested from across the industry, computer science, and other well-studied industries.
We are looking for highly-motivated, self-motivated and aware engineers who are passionate about software quality, team execution, system performance, and customer-first design. We deliberately structure our development efforts into small teams in order to maximize the strengths of the team’ s individual members.
The applications we are developing are highly-available, high-performance, secure, geographically distributed, and robust. As a senior software engineer, you will be responsible for building out new internal and external services. We strive to ensure that the services we develop are elegant and self-contained, yet fit well into a larger ecosystem of interconnected microservices.
Depending on your area of specialization, you may be expected to have a solid working understanding of some or all of the following: distributed systems, consensus and transactions, self-healing architectures, real-time failure detection, event-based technologies, gRPC and protobuf, PKI and TLS (and/or other cryptographic primitives), production and operational readiness, service backup and restore, disaster recovery, storage and network data path optimization, control plane pathologies, and incident prevention.
To apply for this role, we are looking for folks with at least five years of experience with old-school bare metal data centers, data center-scale applications that span multiple facilities, systems programming languages (C, C++), be fluent in idiomatic Go (or willing to come up to speed quickly), have an affinity for designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, documenting, and enhancing the software you ship.
- Design, build, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance the software you ship
- Write documentation for all work, for internal and external audiences
- Experience with bare metal data centers
- Familiarity with systems programming languages, such as C, C++
- Experience on Linux system programming
- Good communication skills and willingness to be a good team member
- 5+ years experience with bare metal data centers, applications that span multiple data centers
- Proficient in idiomatic Go (or willing to com up to speed quickly)
- Expertise in systems programming languages, such as C, C++
- Experienced on gRPC or other RPC frameworks
- Experienced on at least one of cloud platform such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Experienced on dealing with hashicorp stack such as Nomad, Terraform, or Vault.
- Experienced on automation of build system and deployment system such as TeamCity
- Experienced on noSQL databases
- Experienced on dealing with software load balancers and web proxies such as HaProxy, nginx, fabiolb.
- Experienced on QEMU and KVM