Chantilly, VA 20151
Blackstone Technology Group, an award-winning technology consulting and talent agency is seeking a Software Developer to join our team at our client s site in Chantilly, VA.
Client is seeking motivated candidates to join our insider threat detection, systems integration team. Our mission oriented team is responsible for the design, testing, deployment, maintenance, operation, and evolution of the systems directly supporting the insider threat detection program of a large government customer in the United States Intelligence Community (USIC).
An immediate opening on the team for a motivated Software Developer with an agile mindset who is up to date with the latest software development tools and techniques. This is a challenging yet rewarding position that provides an opportunity to leverage cutting edge technologies in pursuit of a vital mission that protects people, sensitive information/technologies, and the national security posture of the USIC.
- Writing well-designed, efficient, and testable code in a mission based environment
- Develop, customize, maintain and monitor applications, utilizing the latest technologies
- Documenting solutions and communicating with other team members on the way forward
- Writing clean, tested, reusable code using best practice principles
- Proactively investigates, analyses and fixes reported defects
The majority of work will be performed in Chantilly, Virginia, which is located approximately 25 miles west of Washington D.C., near the Dulles International Airport. The selected Software Developer will support a 6+ year contract that General Dynamics recently secured.
The developer must have a cooperative mindset, work will with others and be eager to learn new technologies
- Minimum five (5) years experience in designing, developing, building, and implementing software solutions in an Agile development organization using Jira and Confluence
- Previous experience developing applications with at least one of the following languagues
- Experience with NoSQL Databases
- Spring Framework, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Hibernate, Tomcat, PostgreSQL
- Linux or Unix experience
- Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Crucible) experience is a plus
- Experience with automated testing tools (e.g. JTest, Junit, etc.) is desired
Blackstone is a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone was founded in 1998, and has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities