Software Defined Radio Engineer
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking a Software Defined Radio Engineer, (SDR), with a current security clearance, to join our team and work at our client site in Colorado Springs, CO.
Job Description We are looking for a Mid-level to Senior-level Software Defined Radio Developer who can work independently or with a distributed, interdisciplinary team of hardware, electrical and software engineers to create SDR applications. TS/SCI (Top Secret) preferred, but will consider a Secret Clearance. Design, implement and test Software Radio algorithms, hardware/software interfaces, simulations, user interfaces, and supporting software in support of prototyping and demonstration efforts.
Supports, as needed, US Army Space and Missile Defense Command Space and Missile Defense Command, Future Warfare Center (FWC) Concept Development and Integration Division (CDID) government personnel for efforts associated with Space Enablers/Enhancements Technology capability and prototype development for space-based enablers and space-based capability enhancements.
- Analysis of RF communications links to include understanding of modulation and over the air protocol implementations
- Development of HF and VHF Software Defined Radio hardware and software applications
- Integration and operation of baseband and RF communication modems and radios
- Prepare software design and user-level documentation
- Support planning and execution of concept and field demonstrations of prototype capabilities
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Software Designed Radios (e.g., Ettus, GNURadio) a plus
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement, and test software in C, C++, C# and/or Python programming languages
- Experience with LabVIEW and/or MATLAB Simulink
- Experience with integration and operation of RF hardware and test equipment
- Familiarity with HF and VHF Military tactical communications a plus
- 5+ years of demonstrated hardware analysis and design experience
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies (languages, patterns, signal analysis, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively in a rapid prototyping environment (Design a little, code a little, test a little)
- TS/SCI clearance helpful, will consider a Secret Clearance or a Department of Energy (DOE) Q Clearance or L Clearance
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities