Software Application Engineer AER0000NN
Schriever Air Force Base Colorado Springs, CO 80912
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking a Software Application Engineer to join our team and work at our client site in Colorado Springs, CO.
Job Description: We are looking for a talented Software Application Engineer to work with a team of experienced software engineers to automate business processes and perform Operations and Maintenance (O&M) on existing applications.
- Support various application technologies including Java, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), XAML, and Internet Information Services (IIS)
- O&M tasking includes daily system checks, application configurations, vendor updates, responding to customer requests
- Interaction with customers and ensuring security best practices and compliance with IA standards
- Candidate must have a High School diploma (or GED) with 12 years of general experience or an Associate’ s degree with 10 years general experience or a Bachelor’ s degree with 8 years general experience; must include 6 years’ experience in software application support, maintenance, development, and engineering practice
- Experience with the following: Java, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), XAML, and Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Experience in the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) including: Requirements Gathering, Design, Implementation, Testing, and Maintenance.
- Complete document deliverables and test plans
- Compliance with change management processes
- Familiarity with server certificates and Common Access Card (CAC) implementations
- Strong communication skills and capable of handling oversight responsibilities on multiple projects with minimum guidance
- Possess an understanding of Enterprise level applications that include troubleshooting application related security issues
- Occasional after hours support may be required
- Candidate must have completed and be enrolled in Continuing Education (CE) with a Security+ certification
- Candidate must have an Active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Experience with Java, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), XAML, and Internet Information Services (IIS), Microsoft Visual Studio 2015, Active Directory
- Experience coding with and resolving security issues using HP Fortify 360
- Experience with the iStart Staffing tool is a plus
- Familiar with the MDA and BMDS programs
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities