Software Application Developer 4
Englewood, CO 80112
Software Development Engineer 4
- Develops, maintains and implements software code by utilizing software development programming languages tools in defined environments that adheres to allocated requirements and design. Participates in internal code walkthroughs.
-Develops automated unit test procedures and scripts needed to complete development rigor requirements.
- Develops/decomposes, documents and maintains designs for software implementation artifacts consistent with the defined architecture and requirements/regulations by applying established methods and practices. Participates in internal lifecycle data reviews.
-Contributes to software requirement definition and verification activities.
- With general direction, provides data, recommendations, and estimates for software component level project planning including corrective action plans. Coordinates and participates in project management reviews and compliance audits.
-Troubleshoots and investigates difficult problems across software components. Evaluates proposed solutions to problems.
- For all phases of the software life cycle contributes as directed towards: develops, selects, tailors and deploys processes and tools; establishes metrics; and utilizes regulations and industry standards. Participates in process reviews.
- With general direction, provides guidance to less experienced employees, performs research, contributes to proposals, documents research and development results and aids technology transfer into programs.
- As directed and able, provides subject matter expertise on software techniques, methodologies and processes to customers, suppliers, application users, and other technical and support personnel. Provides guidance to less experienced engineers. Supports operational and integration issue resolution of regulatory, domain and specific software systems.
Additional Job Details:
- Experience with Spring MVC. Experience with JSON and XML. Knowledge of RESTful interfaces.
- Experience with platforms and tools: Linux, Maven, Git and/or BitBucket, Grails, Storm, Kafka Experience in cloud-based environments (deploying, managing resources in AWS, Azure or Google cloud) JIRA, Jenkins, Confluence, GitHub experience is a plus.
- Experience working with Selenium and/or Fitnesse test automation frameworks. Experience authoring, executing and evaluating automated test scripts and results.
- Familiarity with industry and corporate best practices in software development using Agile or Scaled Agile methodologies and frameworks.