Software Application Administrator AER0000LK
Schriever Air Force Base Colorado Springs, CO 80912
Blackstone Technology Group, an award winning technology consulting and staffing firm is seeking a Software Application Administrator to join our team and work at our client site in Colorado Springs, CO.
Job Description: Our client is seeking a talented Software Application Administrator to support the Application Administration team supporting the Missile Defense Agency.
- Work with a team of software and application engineers to support Operations and Maintenance (O&M) on Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) products and in-house developed applications
- O&M tasking includes daily system checks, application configurations, vendor updates, responding to customer requests.
- Interaction with customers and ensuring security best practices and compliance with IA standards.
- Candidate must have a High School diploma plus 8 years of experience in software application support, maintenance, development, and engineering practices
- Qualified candidate will support applications leveraging various technological platforms including ColdFusion/CFML, Java, Microsoft .NET, SQL Server
- Must have a strong understanding of Windows Server 2012/2016 operating systems, SQL Server 2008/2014, and Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Experience in the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) including: Requirements Gathering, Design, Implementation, Testing, and Maintenance
- Familiarity with server certificates and Common Access Card (CAC) implementations
- Willingness to learn new technologies and support the application deployment infrastructure
- Strong communication skills and capable of handling oversight responsibilities on multiple projects with minimum guidance
- Occasional after hours support may be required
- Complete document deliverables and test plan
- Compliance with change management processes
- Candidate must have completed and be enrolled in Continuing Education (CE) with a Security+ certification
- Candidate must possess a DoD Secret Clearance.
- Experience with client/server and web based application architectures, Internet Information Services (IIS), Tomcat, ColdFusion, Java, Microsoft Visual Studio 2013/2015, Active Directory
- Knowledge of local applications like TestTrack Pro, and Planet IRM is a plus
- Experience identifying and resolving security issues using the HP Fortify 360 product
- Familiar with the MDA and BMDS programs
Blackstone Staffing Services is a division of Blackstone Technology Group, a global IT services and solutions firm that implements digital transformation solutions across commercial industry verticals and the US Federal Government. Blackstone’ s global staff augmentation practice was founded in 1998. Blackstone Staffing Services has offices in San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Colorado Springs, and Washington, DC. We specialize in IT staffing and place both technical and creative talent across a variety of industries and sectors.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities